Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
This position is an I.S. Leader assigned to work cross-functionally with PetSmart business & IS teams to develop and manage the Business Intelligence (BI) agenda for the company. While reporting to the VP of BI & Project Delivery, you will work closely with a broad set of leaders to determine priorities, develop project plans, oversee BI development and delivery, and provide ongoing support for their applications. You would directly manage 3 teams who collectively cover BI project delivery, BI enhancements and mobility, and BI Infrastructure & Support.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and Plan the BI Agenda
- Work closely with business & IS leaders to understand needs, opportunities, and priorities
- Evaluate options to address business capability needs
- Lead in the investigation and planning for utilization of emerging BI technologies
- Develop a roadmap of future capabilities
- Ensure there is good communication and common alignment for the change agenda
• Manage BI delivery
- Directly manage the BI team that delivers integrations & reporting
- Ensure we build effective delivery plans and execute appropriate delivery processes
- Ensure effective coordination occurs with the IS teams that provide shared services
- Coordinate closely with the business project teams
• Develop a strong BI team
- Attract and retain a talented, capable team of managers, developers and analysts
- Build strategic skills within the team
- Coach, counsel and mentor associates on their performance
- Plan and manage team capacity through effective resource planning and tracking
• Manage the production systems
- Ensure the company has reliable and available production systems
- Provide team coverage for daily production support
- Provide effective business support
- Apply solid incident management and problem management processes
• Provide effective customer service
- Ensure there is an effective level of regular communications between the teams
- Provide responsive support for needs and issues
- Build business customer confidence
• Manage the vendor partners
- Establish effective working relationships with the right individuals at our vendors
- Ensure that they receive the appropriate talent and attention on their projects
- Ensure that they are efficient in their investments with their vendors
- Influence vendor software and new capability roadmaps
• BA/BS degree in business, finance, economics, engineering, computer science or other quantitative discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
• 6-10 years' experience with I.S./Business transformation, I.S. Management, project delivery, and budget oversight required.
• Experience with Business Intelligence projects and applications (e.g., reporting, ETL, database) required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relations skills required.
• Experience in managing IS teams required.
• Deep Business, Technology, Process, and Change Management skills
• Ability to analyze and evaluate complex business, system & process opportunities
• Ability to build relationships with a broad set of leaders
• Ability to provide thought leadership and influence
• Ability to build consensus
• Great interpersonal skills, especially communication skills
• Good negotiation skills
• High customer orientation
• Keen interest in learning new areas and new ideas
• Demonstrated willingness to take a stand on important issues
• Demonstrated strong follow-through on work
• Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization
• Comfortable with ambiguity
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 12 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...