This position presents an opportunity to participate in a growth oriented company and to gain exposure and understanding of the energy industry as a Finance Business partner to Chief Operating Officer (COO) of North America Region East/West. This role is ideally suited to a high capability, career oriented finance leader seeking a challenging leadership opportunity.
- Manage the Regional Finance Function supporting the operating centers and asset clusters. Team will comprise of two direct reports covering two Operating Centers and 3-4 financial analysts as indirect reports. Responsibilities include annual objective setting for the direct reports, managing workload across team members, periodic review of progress vs. goal, annual performance assessment, technical training and career development.
- Lead the budgets and monthly forecast process for annual capital expenditure, major maintenance projects and operating expenses for the Region.
- Consolidate, monitor and report on the 20 year sustainable capital expenditure program for the Region. Support the Regional COO in ensuring that the plans stay on track vs. M&A assumptions and other metric.
- Own the cash-flow projections for the region and ensure forecast accuracy.
- Lead the review of YTD/MTD performance and YTGo forecast of the Region, and consolidate variance analysis to explain deviations and gaps vs. plan/PYR. Work with Regional COO and Vice Presidents of the Operating Centers on gap remediation efforts.
- Partner with Regional COO and Director or Lender Relations on understanding, evaluating and communicating issues arising at the assets to the lenders and help this team manage the resulting follow-ups.
- Ensure that regional finance team prepares the disclosures and analysis on quarterly lender reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work with Director of Lender Relations on forecasting cash-trap situations due to loan covenants and develop ideas for remediation.
- Partner with regional COO and Vice President Business Planning & Analysis on review of IRF (Investment Request Form) proposals and ensure that proposal is adequately evaluated from a risk & commercial stand-point.
- Partner with Land Director on assessment revaluation effort with local county/city/state organizations and provide support from Manager BPA, as required, on such effort.
- Lead the effort to build commercial capability and awareness amongst the operations teams and ensure investment & day-to-day decision process adequately covers financial/commercial considerations.
- Develop a set of Finance Best Practices & Procedures for use by OC Managers and Analysts.
- Lead the review of monthly and quarterly financial results and management reports for the Region with the management of the Region.
- Support the operations management on cost control, performance monitoring, productivity initiative tracking, management of OM&A and Capex relating costing.
- Support the Regional COO and develop managerial reports tailored to his or her needs.
- Support the VP, BPA in various related activities and special projects as required.
Brookfield Renewable Energy Group operates the renewable generation and power utility portfolios for Brookfield Asset Management, a global alternative asset manager with over $175 billion of assets under management. Brookfield Renewable's employees have responsibility for over 200 renewable power generation facilities and 53,000 kilometers of electrical transmission and distribution assets in North and Latin America. As a global leader in clean energy, Brookfield's portfolio totals over 5,800 megawatts of installed capacity, primarily hydroelectric, powering over three million average homes each year in 12 power markets. For more information on our publicly traded entity, Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners, please visit www.brookfieldrenewable.com .
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or a related discipline. Accounting or finance designation or a MBA will be an advantage
- At least 8 years of relevant experience
- Ability to communicate and deploy financial concepts within a non-financial peer-group
- Ability to manage teams and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; open minded and flexibility in adapting to change
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a team environment
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Solid abilities in working with Excel
- Prior experience on managing issues and lender relations will be an advantage
- Knowledge & experience of working on IFS ERP platform and IFRS accounting standards will be an advantage
To Brookfield Asset Management, generating money comes naturally. The company has approximately $150 billion in assets under management,...