Easter Seals Washington is recruiting for the Child Care Director position for our center in Seatac. The center, which is located in a beautiful state-of-the-art building that houses several community groups and organizations, provides services to children with and without disabilities between the ages of infants through 5 years. This center currently has several enhancement programs, and the Seatac area offers opportunities for community outreach and collaborations.
This position is responsible for the cost effective and efficient development and operation of the center by focusing on the following 3 key areas:
1) Financial Management:
- Assures accurate billing and timely receivables for the center.
- Prepares and revises program budgets.
- Works to meet or exceed financial goals.
- Initiates program adjustments based on current budget performance.
- Tracks program utilization for optimum program performance.
2) Human Resource Management:
- Provides for the recruitment and selection of center staff.
- Conducts all employee discipline in accordance with the agency standards.
- Performs annual evaluations on or before staff anniversary dates.
- Effectively delegates responsibilities to team members.
- Provides for and maintains records of staff training, orientation, and meetings as dictated by agency policies, contractors, and licensors.
- Recruits and manages volunteers.
- Negotiates agreements with outside entities.
- Approves staff timesheets, expense reports, mileage reports, leave requests, and other employee action forms.
3) Program Management:
- Assures that all services offered through the center meet or exceed internal and external quality assurance guidelines.
- Monitors curriculum development and facilitation.
- Ensures that services are offered in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Offers presentations on a variety of child care training topics.
- Responds effectively to crisis situations.
- Develops and distributes service delivery policies.
- Provides and communicates program direction to all stakeholders.
- Responsible for center contracts administration including: compliance, performance, demographics and budget reporting, and program record keeping.
- Successfully markets the center to targeted groups.
- Strives to meet agency goals for inclusion.
Candidates should possess the following:
A. Bachelor of Arts degree or higher in Early Childhood Education or child development and family studies, early childhood special education, or combination of work experience and education (preferred)
B. Has an associates degree in ECE or CDA, and at least three years of experience as a program administrator (minimum)
C. STARS completion and minimum one year experience supervising programs that provide comprehensive coordinated services to young children and their families.
D. Working knowledge of programs serving infants and young children with special needs and their families.
E. Flexible schedule of availability.
F. Washington State Drivers License, availability of personal automobile, proof of adequate level of auto insurance coverage.
G. Must pass background check.
H. Must have proof of U.S. citizenship or right to work.
I. Must meet minimum computer literacy standards.
J. Ability to work independently.
K. Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Position is full time with full benefits (health insurance, vacation, sick & holiday pay, etc.).
Pay Range: $42k-48k annually
To Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the VP of Human Resources.