Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years. We combine our deep clinical, financial, and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better by collaborating with our customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. With more than 2,000 employees globally, we have major offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. Advantage Suite, Micromedex, ActionOI, MarketScan, and 100 Top Hospitals are registered trademarks or trademarks of Truven Health Analytics. For more information, please visit http://www.truvenhealth.com/ .
Examples of Responsibilities
- Develop service agenda based on customer's business needs and work flow which would include any or all of the following: cost savings, profit-improvement strategies, workflow enhancement, productivity improvement, employee/member/constituent/ beneficiary health status improvement, detection of fraud or other payment irregularities; implement contracted services; document return on investment.
- Manage financial and business objectives including contract revenue, value-add revenue, renewals, expenses and margins and accounts receivable targets.
- Lead client team to perform consulting engagements and engage in billable consulting activity, as appropriate and/or required.
- Manage evolving client expectations, needs and priorities, and collaborate with client team members to ensure effective integration with consulting and service delivery capabilities and priorities.
- Manage and monitor client satisfaction, and recommend appropriate strategies, tactics and operational initiatives to continuously enhance client satisfaction.
- Continuously search for, recommend and implement process improvements; take a leadership role in fostering a quality improvement mindset.
- Manage and develop team members to their highest potential performance level. Provide regular and ongoing coaching around annual objectives and priorities as well as routine and unique business requirements. Provide formal feedback according to the established Truven performance management processes.
- Manage team interactions to obtain optimal team performance.
- Collaborate with peers to ensure sharing of knowledge and best practices.
- Develop departmental and account-specific budgets.
- Lead contract renewal negotiations with clients.
- Participate in capabilities presentations for new sales opportunities.
Education / Certifications
- Ten plus years of experience in healthcare information consulting/systems, with client contact at senior levels and demonstrated business development skills.
- Proven history of ability to capture the attention and respect of senior management and the C-suite in the client environment by providing new and useful ways of managing human capital.
- Current or prior responsibility must have included revenue accountability in the $5,000,000 range.
- Superior understanding of both new business development and consulting methodology.
- Superior presentation and communication skills.
- Extensive staff development and supervision skills.
- Ability to work across the organization, including Product Development, Sales, and Product Support functions to ensure that both current and future client needs are anticipated and met.
- Willingness to travel.
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Master's degree (e.g., MBA, MPHA) or equivalent education and experience.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).
Truven Health Analytics, formerly the Healthcare business of Thomson Reuters, delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks and...