Leads the Color Studio in developing and maintaining a leading, innovative color system for Benjamin Moore & Co.
Leads the Color Steering Team, under the guidance of the Creative Director, to help set Color Leadership strategy and is responsible for planning and executing the Color Studio efforts in support of the strategy.
Leads the continuous innovation and management of color tools and color delivery to retail and end-users
Maintains a high profile in the professional stakeholder communities (coatings, design, décor) and serves as one of the company’s links to these influential audiences.
Plays a leadership role in the color and design industry and has credibility with the industry and the trade and consumer press. Internally, is an expert on color – science and design applications – within the organization and interacts with other functions to execute color product and delivery strategy. Specific customers include:
keyworkds: creative, cutting edge, leadership, design, color, innovative, paint, leader,
- Professional design and specifying community for products and design tools
- Homeowner and Professional/Contractor end users for products and marketing tools
- Retailers for products, marketing and merchandising tools
- Mass media providers for information on color, design, products, tools and services
- Industry associations/other home furnishings manufacturers for information on color, design, products, tools and services
- R&D, Product Marketing, Creative Services, Purchasing, Suppliers, Advertising Agency for the development of products and tools
- Purchasing, Logistics, and Sales/Customer Service for the distribution of color merchandising/tools
- Corporate Communications for public relations efforts
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer F/M/D/V
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline
- 10-15 years experience in color and design in the paint, home fashion, or apparel industry with an in-depth understanding of color theory and color trends.
- Proven scientific knowledge of color theory.
- ASID certification or equivalent desirable. Active membership (preferably at leadership level) in industry organizations such as ASID, Color Marketing Group, Color Association of the US, International Furnishings and Design Association.
- Must have significant experience and expertise in both on-air and print interviews.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Track record of working successfully within a team environment.
- Must be able to travel.
SYSTEM ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT:
Benjamin Moore & Coendeavors to make applying for open positions accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website, or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that we will reply only to inquiries regarding system accessibility and will not respond to any other inquiries sent to this email address.
Not only can you paint the town red with Benjamin Moore paints, you can stain and finish it as well. In addition to ready-mixed colors --...