Berkeley College is currently seeking a Director of Desktop Support based out of our Woodland Park location in NJ. This position will travel to all campuses on a regular schedule to ensure the integrity of the equipment and images, speak to clients, meet with committees, monitor and assist with projects and work with the technicians on complex issues.
The Director of Desktop Support will have full management responsibility for all NJ and NY desktop managers and technicians, with the goal of building a highly effective team equipped to meet the needs of the College. With the assistance of the desktop managers, he/she will oversee the day-to-day operation of Desktop Support to include personnel, project, and workload management. This role will have oversight of all desktop devices and delivery of services to them from vision, budget, purchasing, deployment, inventory control, maintenance and finally end of life planning. The director will work closely with the staff to develop best practices for the technicians to use on daily basis. This position will work closely with the Helpdesk Manager to assure a timely response to all outstanding issues.
In addition, the Director of Desktop Support Services will also help grow the College's access to mobile technologies through the use of distributed software delivered to a wide variety of web enabled devices such as computers, laptops, tablets, netbooks and smart phones to enable students and staff to work from anywhere. This position will have budgetary responsibility.
• Extensive experience in the Information Technology field.
• Five years or more experience managing field technicians.
• Strong knowledge and experience of software and hardware systems
• Very strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience with inventory management
• Excellent leadership, mentoring and collaborative skills.
• A customer service approach to resolving issues.
• Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical
concepts to non-technical users.
• Ability to multi-task problems and responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
• Extensive knowledge of networking and network protocols
• Hands-on experience maintaining and troubleshooting computer hardware, software, smart phones, printers and peripheral devices
• Hands-on experience with the latest Windows and Mac OS’
• Working knowledge of software computer imaging, application vitalization, mobile technology, group policy design and security.