Director, Digital Demand Generation Marketing
New York City, NY
This position is responsible for the definition and execution of marketing strategies to maximize awareness, generate and drive qualified leads to an inside sales organization, and build pipeline to support the growth and success of a new product line, VIA. The key role will ultimately result in a powerful marketing machine powering profitable sales for the business. Work includes development and execution of awareness and demand generation programs and campaigns to build sales pipeline and drive revenue. With a focus primarily on creating the demand generation engine in support of the VIA business and inside sales team in North America, this role will also support the growing VIA business in EMEA and Asia Pac.
About the Team
This position will report to the Vice President, Enterprise Marketing. This role will partner with the Enterprise Marketing, Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing teams on related strategies and programs, and align with our inside sales organizations on specific campaigns and customer acquisition initiatives.
- Develops marketing strategies and programs, processes, and metrics to meet and exceed sales objectives for the VIA product
- Identifies, implements, and manages integrated marketing campaigns programs to support lead generation and pipeline targets for inside sales territories; works with Marketing Communications and Digital Marketing on the production and execution
- Evaluates, selects and manages outside vendors that contribute to lead generation programs, including list building, list acquisition, telemarketing, and optimization, content syndication, webcast vendors, and other techniques.
- Designs and executes lead nurturing campaigns to continuously drive prospects through the buying cycle, generate engagement, and maintain communication post-acquisition.
- Measures success consisting of classical demand gen funnel including Impressions, MQLs, Trials, SALs, SQLs, opportunity pipeline and revenue contribution and the respective conversion rates including measure and monitor sales funnel activity to ensure predictable pipeline building. Work with Sales Operations to ensure accuracy and visibility of response and audience data in Salesforce.
- Collaborate with Inside Sales to ensure leads and resulting opportunities are meeting specified criteria and the sales response mgmt process is optimized.
- Partners with Product Marketing and Enterprise Marketing to ensure messaging alignment to target audiences and personas and ensure a compelling and effective message is delivered to the market for VIA. Drive segmentation and testing efforts to understand impact of messaging on response.
- Monitor and report on demand generation efforts and agreed-upon KPIs that reflect overall acquisition and conversion performance, and ROI ensuring optimization of marketing investment.
- Works with internal/external resources to manage PPC and social media lead generation. Works with Digital Marketing to drive best practice SEM/SEO for the VIA business.
- Manages the user experience of the free trial program from demand generation to sign-up; develops requirements and specifications for engaging marketing content to guide users through free trial and measures performance relative to other initiatives
- Communicates digital best practices across marketing teams to ensure optimal on-line presence for the VIA/Enterprise solution. Works closely with Digital Marketing to define on-line marketing requirements and ensure optimization of all on-line programs including website presence, best practice engagement, conversion, and end-to-end customer experience
- Organizes the communication and training of inside sales representatives on marketing programs
- Manages the demand generation budget to drive optimized investment and ROI
- 12+ years’ experience in digital marketing; prior experience in online marketing of enterprise software trials a must; prior experience with B to B technology marketing, SaaS based firms preferred
- Proven demand generation/field marketing focus/experience in a B2B IT and high velocity environment
- Desire to tackle challenging and diverse tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively across the company
- Superior professionalism, resourcefulness and judgment with strong work ethic
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Ability to travel
IntraLinks, Inc - 5 months ago
IntraLinks offers its clients inside connections. The company provides hosted software used by businesses to create secure, collaborative...