Director, Digital Pharmacy (Job Number: 013186) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Accountable for the creation, execution and management of Walgreens digital pharmacy initiatives under the eCommerce business unit. This position would direct a team of digital health product managers and analysts to design and launch new digital pharmacy innovations and optimize existing products to achieve optimal outcomes. Outcomes directed have a moderate impact to significant impact on the organization's short-term and long-term results, specific customers and/or partners. Decisions have moderate to significant impact on the organization.
- Directs the operations of the Digital Pharmacy team, such as to achieve strategic and operational business goals and targeted financial and content quality results. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range product and service strategies and plans.
- Directs managers accountable for daily operations of the eCommerce operation, such as content and product development, engineering, and/or editorial content and relies on some key centralized resources such as sales, marketing, finance and administration.
- Makes recommendations for the formulation of the strategies and operating plans of the specified area of responsibility, then, based on prevailing conditions executes or adjusts the operating plans of the business unit directed.
- Accountable for profit and loss of assigned to the digital pharmacy product line. Develops budget for the digital pharmacy product line and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for digital pharmacy and develops master operational plans.
- Oversees the execution of operating plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management/customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Accountable for growth and optimization of consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. Reviews the competitive marketplace and makes adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Oversees and directs the work of managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree/MBA.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital health or related industry.
- Experience in Pharmacy.
Walgreens - 15 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...