Director Distribution Center - Anderson, SC (Job Number: 011593) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Director, Distribution Center (DC) is responsible for managing all aspects of a fast paced and automated distribution center.
- Responsible for developing and managing the annual Distribution Center (DC) budget.
- Manages all DC Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for ensuring superior DC morale and effective management of all DC Human Resources programs.
- Manages all DC equipment and facilities maintenance programs.
- Manages Grow Perform Succeed (GPS) and effectively develop management team through performance development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 10 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment
- At least 5 years of experience with distribution product flow
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing data using statistical methods
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling)
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions)
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets
- At least 5 years of experience managing employees (coaching, mentoring and training staff.)
- At least 5 years of managerial experience with responsibility for at least 2 direct reporting managers in a more than one department area
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
- Group facilitation experience with Performance Improvement teams
- At least 5 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, conveyor and sortation)
- At least 2 years of Lean experience in a manufacturing or Logistics environment
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels)
- Experience with cutting-edge material handling equipment
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...