Director, Email Marketing - eCommerce (Job Number: 011272) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Accountable for defining and directing email marketing strategy and operations for Walgreens eCommerce division. Based in Chicago, this role will manage teams in both Chicago, IL and Bellevue, WA, primarily supporting the Walgreens.com, drugstore.com, and beauty.com e-commerce businesses. This position will be responsible for setting strategic email program vision, partnering across e-commerce and corporate marketing teams to implement that vision, delivering on specific business and financial targets, and ensuring high quality, consistent, and relevant communication with customers. The email marketing channel has a significant impact on the e-commerce organization's short-term and long-term financial results and serves as a critical customer relationship management and drive-to-store marketing tool for Walgreens.
- Directs the operations of the email marketing channel for Walgreens e-commerce, achieving strategic and operational business goals and delivering required financial results. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization.
- Develops short- and long-range strategies and plans for the evolution of email marketing to an effective and efficient marketing channel that delivers both direct e-commerce revenue and customer loyalty as well as serves as a key traffic driver and communication vehicle for Walgreens stores.
- Directs managers accountable for daily operations of the eCommerce email program, including development and maintenance of email calendars; coordination with business teams on key messages and promotions; execution and deployment of email campaigns; measurement, analysis, communication and optimization of results.
- Makes recommendations to executive team of strategies, roadmaps, and operating plans for the email marketing channel. Partners with business teams to develop marketing plans that support business objectives while protecting and growing the size and value of our customer email list and maintaining stringent brand guidelines.
- Accountable for orders, revenue, and profit/loss driven by the email marketing channel. Develops budget and forecasts for email channel and is accountable for delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Works closely with product and IT teams to develop and execute on roadmap of functional and technological email marketing capability enhancements.
- Is analytically focused and uses data to continuously test, measure and optimize email performance.
- Effectively communicates often highly complex operational and analytical concepts to executive leaders. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Reviews the competitive landscape and best practices and makes adjustments to plans and operational activities based upon identified information.
- Oversees and directs the work of managers and their subordinates. Obtains and allocates resources to meet operating plans. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 6 years of experience in online or e-commerce marketing OR High School Diploma/ GED and at least 9 years of experience in online or e-commerce marketing.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 3 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 5 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Walgreens - 19 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...