The Diretorr of the Emergency Department is responsible for the overall management and operations of the Emergency Department and the Ambulance Department.
BSN or equivalent Master’s in nursing or related field preferred.
Five years of recent experience in nursing leadership/management in an emergency department
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE BASE :
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current knowledge of clinical nursing theory and practice.
- Strong interpersonal skills including teaching, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Complete understanding of operational and capital budget management.
- Independent problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making abilities.
- Knowledge of JCAHO, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to remain calm under stress and work in an environment of frequent interruptions. *Proficiency in the use of a computer including hospital information systems.
- Knowledge of quality improvement procedures, principles and tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
SIERRA NEVADA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
- Current California RN license,
- Current BLS
- Current PALS
- Current ACLS
- ESI training within 7 months of hire
Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital has proudly served as the sole healthcare provider for western Nevada County for more than 50 years. Much has happened since the hospital opened in 1958, including additions in 1994 of a 68,000 square foot Outpatient Center , a comprehensive Cancer Center and most recently, the opening of the Sierra Nevada Diagnostic Center in the fall of 2006. SNMH is a licensed, acute care hospital providing a full range of services including cardiovascular, surgical, emergency and diagnostic. SNMH offers access to the SNMH Health Sciences Library. The library features continuing and medical education for healthcare professionals, diabetes classes, prenatal classes, cancer support groups, and family caregiver classes. In addition, we have more than 90 board certified primary and specialty care physicians on our active and associate medical staff.
The Hospital is part of Dignity Health, formerly Catholic Healthcare West. The word “Dignity” perfectly defines what our organization stands for: showing respect for all people by providing excellent care.
. Serving the community since 1958
. More that 160,000 patient visits and admissions annually
. 121 licensed beds
Equal OpportunityEmployer: M/F/D/V
Find out more at http://www.snmh.org
Dignity Health - 14 months ago
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...