The successful candidate will have direct experience with developing, designing, and implementing compsenation and total rewards systems including executive pay plans. They will possess a background of implementating or adminstering wellness plans as a means of reducing medical cost .Candidate will be familar with managing and administering benefits for a self-funded /insured plan.
The position will develop and execute strategies to:
Ensure JEA has a comprehensive total compensation philosophy, policies and procedures that support the attraction and retention of a qualified workforce. This includes salaries and a variety of employee benefits options.
Establish and maintain robust processes capable of consistently delivering accurate and effective employee services including payroll and benefits administration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ability to effectively handle multiple, changing priorities. Ability to prepare and administer budgets.
- Position develops strategic direction and leadership to achieve organizational goals and objectives related to optimizing total compensation to attract and retain qualified workforce at best cost.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to develop strategies and goals for bargaining unit negotiations that meet business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in applying accounting principles and practices for payroll and benefits.
- Knowledge of federal and state requirements for payroll and benefits accounting.
- Knowledge of HR practices, policies and guidelines.
- Knowledge of EEO and Human Resources legal requirements.
- Knowledge of procurement of employee health insurance programs, as well as other employee benefits programs
- Demonstrated experience in external benchmarking methods for salary and benefits comparisons
- Demonstrated success in designing informational programs and presenting them.
- Demonstrated understanding and utilization of financial data, corporate scorecard information, and key performance indicators to support process performance and improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in consulting and interpersonal skills to assist internal customers with diagnosis, planning, and execution of strategies to achieve targeted goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to use data and facts to build a persuasive business case.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively across processes, ensuring effective handoff procedures, practices and measurements.
- Ability to understand and resolve external and internal customer issues; ability to handle conflict.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field.
Experience: At least 8 - 10 years of progressive managerial experience within business and/or Human Resources.
The successful candidate will have direct experience with developing, designing, and implementing compsenation and total rewards systems including executive pay plans. They will possess a background of implementating or adminstering wellness plans as a means of reducing medical cost .Candidate will be familar with managing and administering benefits for a self-funded /insured plan
License/certifications/registrations: Professional Certifications within Human Resources, such as the Society of Human Resources Professionals, preferred.
JEA is an equal opportunity and equal access employer that provides a safe, drug-free environment for its workers. Under F.S. 295, preference in appointment will be given to eligible veterans and eligible spouses. Veterans' preference in perpetuity: A person eligible for veterans' preference in appointment (defined by s. 295.07, FS) does not forfeit employment preference eligibility once that veteran or eligible spouse of the veteran has been employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state. Effective July 1, 2007, Florida law restores veterans' preference in employment for all categories of protected individuals previously employed by a state agency or any political subdivision of this state.
How To Apply
To be considered for this job opportunity, you must apply online at
. You must provide all required documents (e.g. High school diploma, GED equivalent, college transcripts, training documents, copies of professional licenses, DD214, etc) by attaching the documents to your electronic application by
March 7, 2013
You can also fax your documents to 904-665-6192. Be sure to include a
with your name, date, and the position that you are applying for. If you do not submit required documentation prior to the close date for each position that you are applying for, you will not be considered.
JEA - 2 years ago
As long as sparks are flying in Jacksonville, everything is A-OK with JEA. The community-owned, not-for-profit utility provides electricity...