Primarily responsible for providing practical, strategic advice and counsel to management and HR professionals on a broad range of employment issues including: recruiting, hiring, employee relations, discipline and terminations, internal investigations, leaves of absence, disability accommodations and wage and hour compliance.
Advise on policies and procedures impacting employees.
Maintain current knowledge of developments in employment law.
Work closely with all levels of Human Resources team to provide full, sound, ethical and prompt legal service and advice.
Direct and oversee employment litigation matters including managing outside counsel and the budget. Manage and respond to agency charges as necessary.
Conduct manager and human resources training.
Willingness and aptitude to learn and provide support for other corporate functions on an as needed basis, including global employee benefits matters, business ethics officer investigations, competition law matters, privacy matters and M&A/governance/integration support.
Draft and amend employment offer letters, proprietary and non-compete agreements and separation agreements.
- Ability to lead and influence clients to the best decision for the business.
- Excellent judgment and ability to advise on legal risks within a business context.
- Willingness to learn variety of new skills and broaden current functional expertise including mergers and acquisitions and global employment issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail. Takes great pride in work product.
- Flexible and able to handle, prioritize and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously.
- A high-level of intellect, confidence and professionalism to interact with and advise company executives.
- Team oriented, with a great sense of humor, sound judgment and high tolerance for working in a fast-paced environment in a cutting edge industry.
- Flexible with respect to travel to other eBay Inc. locations, particularly San Jose, California and Salt Lake City, UT.
Juris Doctorate or Equivalent
eBay - 16 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...