Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodity and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses across Canada and the United States. Our team of 6,000 employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc, one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society. We continually seek talented people dedicated to providing fresh thinking in an exciting, evolving industry that's never been more relevant than in today's global marketplace.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V
Direct Energy information technology is critical to the success of the corporate goals. The operation of a reliable and robust environment is paramount. Success is measured in more than "uptime" but availability of services to business partners such that they can effectively execute their processes. The Director, End User Service is responsible for the delivery and support of technologies across our 6,000 employee workforce.
- Lead all aspects of ITSM including Service Desk, Endpoint Support, Endpoint Architecture, and ITSM Architecture functions, which are comprised of 45 employees located in 10 cities across North America
- Service Desk - Develop metrics and manage performance of team providing first level incident management, request management, and access control
- Endpoint Support- Ensure cost-efficient delivery of regional onsite support including endpoint equipment procurement, distribution and support. Perform wireless equipment and account management
- Endpoint Architecture – Develop desktop strategies (including PC, mobile, VDI, Windows 8, and others) to meet the needs of future business. Also, package and deploy software across enterprise
- ITSM Architecture – Support the ServiceNow ITSM delivery system, develop continual service improvement (CSI) model to enhance service delivery in conformance to ITIL standards
- Lead all aspects of the ITSM delivery model including but not limited to Access, Incident, Major Incident, Problem, Change, Service Level, and Asset Management
- Responsible for the management of all IT assets using industry standard techniques and employing the CMDB model in ServiceNow
- Develop and maintain the budgets associated with staff functions and the contracts related to End User Technologies
- Develop, maintain, and present monthly business reports to upper leadership for all aspects of End User Services.
- Evaluation and execution of current and future outsourcing engagement opport
- University Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution, or equivalent
- 10 years management and leadership experience in Information technology as a Director or Senior Manager
- 5 years with primary budget responsibilities for staff, maintenance and service contracts
- Experience with ITIL/ITSM, certification in ITIL foundations preferred.
- Experience with managing outsource and/or managed services engagements is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective presentation skills (presents words and images in a clear, succinct, organized and interesting manner to effectively convey a meaningful and compelling message to an individual, group or larger audience)
- Team oriented
- Ability to work through multiple layers of people and organizations to get the proper support to start and follow through on ITSM and projects
- Previous experience working in a large federated IS organization is desirable
Direct Energy - 6 months ago
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...