This position directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for specification, development, and release of new and revised capital equipment drawings within area of assigned responsibility by performing the following duties personally or through delegation to subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are essential. Other duties may be assigned.
• Works injury free, achieves an injury-free working environment, and maintains the highest Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards in our industry.
• Strives for continuous improvement in worker safety and is dedicated to ensuring that each employee understands, and acts in accordance with, the company’s HSE policies.
• Works with high integrity and complies with corporate guidelines on business ethics.
• Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
• Maintains safe working conditions and practices.
• Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
• Directs and manages the engineering operations for production, maintenance, and quality.
• Coordinates engineering activities through planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
• Develops and implements engineering procedures and standards.
• Implements cost-effective systems of control over operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
• Establishes and monitors overall schedule of engineering projects, engineering standards, and performance for engineering production and quality standards in compliance with work orders.
• Responsible for delivering quality drawings that meets our customer’s expectations and requirements and are within project constraints.
• Responsible for hiring, assigning work, conducting performance reviews and implementing corrective actions, if necessary.
• Communicates with various departments regarding engineering issues.
• Communicates with vendors to ensure: availability, cost and performance characteristics, that the can be properly manufactured to meet specifications, and to determine proper parts for assembly.
• Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
• Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs.
• May ensure that manufacturing documentation is completed on time without delaying production.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering, preferably from a four-year college or university; or seven years related experience with 5 years management experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses or other Registrations
Tools, Technology and Equipment
Proficient with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Cameron - 2 years ago
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...