The role of the Director of Enterprise Architecture is to expand the company’s use of data, systems, and applications as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The incumbent will help define the Enterprise Architecture at Otsuka using standard Enterprise Architecture frameworks and methodologies. The Architecture elements to take into account include Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Data Architecture, and Technical Architecture. Data integration/interoperability including SOA (Services Oriented Architecture) and Information Architecture/Management will be key elements of the Enterprise Architecture function. The EA will need to focus on application, database, system, and infrastructure information and data interaction including alignment with the Information Management and Strategy function and other business information domains.
The Application, Data, and Technical Architecture will involve the identification, definition, and creation of architecture artifacts associated with reference architectures, blueprints, patterns, information as a service, logical and physical information and data models, interaction diagrams, standards, governance, applications and technology obsolesce planning and management.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Define the target enterprise architecture at Otsuka using standard Enterprise Architecture frameworks, methodologies, and artifacts
- Create short and long -term solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall enterprise architecture roadmap.
- Provide expertise in the development of business driven IT strategy in conjunction with Enterprise Life Cycle development and implementation, including strategic support for EA, service oriented architecture (SOA), and Enterprise Application Integration (EAI).
- Establish processes for governing the identification, collection, and use of corporate metadata; take steps to assure metadata accuracy and validity.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Ensure that data strategies and architectures are in regulatory compliance.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, Education, and Experience
- Assess and determine governance, stewardship, and frameworks for managing data across the organization.
- Define and develop strategy and methodology and identify technology/tools for SOA, EAI, and Information Mgmt
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and reports, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data/architecture.
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Document the data architecture & environment to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Identify and develop opportunities for data and application reuse, migration, or retirement.
- Strong business/process knowledge of the Life Sciences industry in the context of applying information management and services.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modeling.
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical business and information flow.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with Enterprise Architecture strategy and road-map development utilizing standard framework and methodologies such as TOGAF, FEA, Zachman, etc
- Experience and ability to develop Business Architecture, Application Architecture, Data Architecture, and Technical Architecture artifacts covering business process flows, data flows, data models, etc
- Hands-on experience with data architecting, data mining, large-scale data modeling, and business requirements gathering/analysis.
- Direct experience in implementing enterprise data management processes, procedures, and decision support.
- Strong understanding of relational data structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Strong familiarity with metadata management and associated processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data / information system life cycle methodologies.
- Experience with business requirements analysis, entity relationship planning, database design, reporting structures, and Master Data Management
- Ability to define Target Enterprise Architecture based on business needs, technical architecture requirements and best practices, data integration/interoperability requirements, and analytics needs
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Experience with database platforms
- Strong understanding and experience of Web services, SOA, and EAI
- Object oriented, relational, and multi-dimensional programming concepts/experience
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Proven project management experience.
- Good knowledge of applicable Regulatory requirements and data privacy practices and laws.
About Otsuka Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc. (OAPI) is a successful, innovative, fast growing healthcare company that commercializes Otsuka-discovered and other product opportunities in North America, with a strong focus on and commitment to neuroscience, cardiovascular and oncologic therapeutic treatments. OAPI is dedicated to improving patients' health and the quality of human life.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business (required). MBA or Advanced Degree (highly desirable)
- 10+ years IT experience with Life Sciences industry
- 7+ years work experience as a data or information architect
- Prior experience in matrix management and managing relationships between IT and the business
- In some cases, a combination of performance, education and related experience may be considered as equivalent to the above requirements provided that the individual possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job requirements satisfactorily.
Monster - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Otsuka America is the holding company for the US operations of Japan's Otsuka Pharmaceutical. Otsuka America oversees pharmaceutical...