The position is responsible for leading project teams to deliver multiple, simultaneous projects that span across several business or technology areas. The Senior Manager/Director will effectively manage resources, schedule and quality of deliverables through the full project life cycle. This also includes focused risk and issue management to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The position will often work in close coordination with the Business Relationship Manager to successfully manage and deliver projects. (S)he will also contribute to the development of a delivery methodology and assist in the construction of a formalized program management office.
Manage and strengthen relationships across the business by engaging global business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives. Map, measure and improve the underlying processes to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. Implement corrective action plans, as needed.
Business/Operational Leadership. Manages teams of significant scope and financial and operational impact. Fully accountable for meeting the strategic, and operating objectives of the department. Develops proposed budgets for approval and manages budget once approved. Develops others by encouraging accountability and enforcing performance standards. Ensures that group understands the need for and importance of continuous learning, skill acquisition and consistent application. Makes, or reviews others' selection, disciplinary, termination, and compensation decisions. Makes strategic and tactical business decisions that directly affect the department and affect the organization’s processes. May become involved in elevated issues arising from daily activities. Resolves complex problems that arise in everyday work. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the department to meet broad, but specific goals and objectives of the function; modifies goals in response to organizational changes. Analyzes and challenges current working methods to create improvements in processes and results. Works with senior management in initiating project related work that impacts functional operations. Planning time horizon is typically fairly short.
- Proactively engage global business leaders to assist in defining and prioritizing process improvement opportunities that have a positive impact on the profitability of the business. Facilitate business requirements gathering and definition in order to provide solutions that meet business and user needs.
- Work closely with the business to understand the questions that they are trying to answer, the business problem they are trying to solve and the actions they need to take. Determine business case for potential change by analyzing business operations for best-in-class performance and profitability.
- Develop and analyze business and process metrics to identify, improve and verify business processes and their results. Develop predictive analytics keyed to problem prevention and sustainability of results.
- Perform business and financial analysis of strategic projects to ensure proper cost/value relationship, helping to reduce risk and focus investment more efficiently.
- Collaboratively ensure readiness for change across business by ensuring effectiveness of change management programs that will result in the early adoption of the new solution and business processes. Ensure design takes into consideration long term behavioral change goals for organization.
- Develop and analyze operational data to provide historical and trending information to key business stakeholders to determine if desired results and overall user business adoption strategies were achieved.
- Effectively collaborate with IT team to ensure exchange of business information, develop innovative approaches to problem solving, and continuously seek ways to improve communication and engagement.
- Align Lean Six Sigma, CMM, ISO 9001 and Quality Management System requirements to maximize achievement of corporate strategic goals.
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data, and use continuous process improvement and change management disciplines to achieve results.
- Identify and implement process improvements.
- Develop and monitor the performance of staff under his/her supervision.
- Assign and re-distribute duties among staff to meet various workload pressures and due dates.
· Typically 10-15 years or more of continuous improvement experience, including process reengineering, quality management, and global project management.
· Proven experience and record of leading large transformation or improvement efforts.
- Experience with project management tools:
- MS Project,
- Rational Portfolio Manager,
- CA Clarity PPM, Open Workbench,
- HP Quality Center & Load Runner
- Familiarity with other software management tools:
- CA Service Desk Manager,
- MS Team Foundation Services,
- Functional understanding of one or more of the following business areas:
- Content/Service Creation which included Program Production
- Content/Service Aggregation which included Program Scheduling, Sales Planning and Sales
- Distribution which included Broadcast Management
- Consumer Interface which included Ratings Research and Sales Reconciliation
- Enterprise Management which included Asset Management, Financial Management and HR
- Application delivery experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Package applications using Oracle HCM, Oracle Financials, Oracle IPM, or SharePoint
- Custom applications using C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, PilatMedia IBMS, or Xytech Enterprise
- Possesses strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across, and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Proven exceptional written and oral presentation and communication skills.
- Prior involvement with high-visibility projects and managing multiple projects concurrently
Minimum Education Level
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change
- Experience in established delivery methods
- Experience in established software delivery sizing and effort estimation
- Strong functional and technical understanding for underlying functions being managed
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
Finance or Accounting or Operations
- 2 years ago - save job