The Director of Fab Procurement will be responsible for global fab
spend, providing overall strategic and operational direction for
global fab purchasing activities including managing all aspects of
the company’s supply base relationships worldwide. The ideal
candidate will be responsible for direct and indirect materials
procurement supporting Maxim fab locations. The position is
responsible for the development, coordination and implementation of
purchasing strategies that provide the lowest cost and highest
quality materials and capital equipment. This position closely
collaborates with engineering, operations, R&D, QA, and finance.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for leading the
Leads team to:
- Plans and implements activities related to the procurement of
materials, parts, components, and equipment.
- Directs the activities of buyers and expediters to accomplish
- Provides excellent internal customer services and drives
- Procurement process and cycle time improvement while adding
- Reviews and approves purchase orders.
- Negotiates major contracts involving large dollar amounts.
- Develops policies and procedures for the operation of
- Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of major
- Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and
manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Demonstrates ability to establish credibility with internal
customers and suppliers.
- Excellent cross functional leadership skills. Collaborate
functionally in all business activities and with suppliers.
- Develop procurement strategies that support fabs and provide
senior management with the necessary information to make data-based
- Ensure effective operational controls, methods, and best
practices are in place.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel.
- Develop and drive global sourcing strategies (in line with
manufacturing needs) with defined plans for cost savings, risks
assessment and mitigation
- Identify and drive leverages across global requirement with
- Conducts global supplier rationalizations and proactively
review supplier performance
- Lead global negotiation approach for top suppliers
- Manage supplier executive level relationships
- Develop close relationships with key stakeholders
- Drive escalation and resolution for major supply chain issues
- Bachelor degree preferably in Business
Administration/Finance. MBA Preferred
- 10 years procurement experience with expertise in fab
negotiations at the executive level and with world class fab
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to negotiate from a cost model perspective.
- SAP Procurement experience.
- Experience with Procurement system implementation.
Maxim in an EEO/AA employer
- Strong leader and highly motivated and can develop these
qualities in others
- Good interpersonal skills dealing with suppliers and internal
- Proven managerial skills, able to leverage staff’s
- Strong in all strategic supply management concepts
- Able to challenge norms and is focused on achieving world
- 2 years ago - save job
Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design...