Director of Galleries/Curator of Collections and Exhibitions, Full-time
Office: Jamestown, NY
Location: Jamestown, NY
Thank you for considering Jamestown Community College in your search.
About Jamestown Community College:
Jamestown Community College, a SUNY institution, is a comprehensive community college with degree granting campuses in Jamestown and Olean, New York. JCC is an innovative, open access institution that meets regional education needs by providing transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and training programs for business and industry. Guided by principles that emphasize student success and continuous improvement, JCC welcomes applications from qualified, enthusiastic candidates.
Full-time, 12 months per year. The director provides the vision and leadership for exhibitions, website, programming, and art collections on both the Jamestown and Cattaraugus County campuses. The director works closely with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
• Advances the Weeks Gallery's vision, mission, goals, and objectives within JCC's larger vision and strategic priorities by creating programs and services that are recognized for excellence and innovation.
• Designs and implements, in collaboration with the Arts Administrator and faculty/staff, activities that enhance curricular connections with the Weeks Gallery and Center Gallery exhibitions.
• Curates exhibitions and organizes associated programming, publicity, and promotion.
• Oversees the Center Gallery's collaborative exhibition programs organized by the Weeks Gallery Arts Administrator and the Cattaraugus County Arts Council (CCAC).
• Represents JCC at national conferences and maintains memberships with contemporary galleries and art centers. Maintains professional contacts, relationships, and collaborations with progressive artists, musicians, and curators.
• Oversees the Arts Administrator's registrar, installation, web design, and gallery administrative duties.
• Builds, refines, and strengthens the Permanent Art Collection to serve the college's needs.
• Creates and organizes interdisciplinary Museum Without Walls (MWW) programs to engage and challenge audiences.
• Prepares and oversees the Weeks Gallery budgets.
• Develops new partners and grant opportunities that increase resources and enhance programming.
• Creates advertising strategies, including but not limited to, press release information and artist catalogues/brochures/invitations and oversees the distribution of publicity materials to insure high levels of promotion for the college.
• Promotes global awareness, diversity, and tolerance through on and off campus program/services.
• Researches and creates text to convey Weeks Gallery's vision, exhibitions/ArtParties, MWW ArtReach, Global Collection of Photography, and other museum programs/services for the web site.
• Collaborates with the Weeks Gallery Arts Administrator/web designer to maintain effective, high caliber web presence.
Bachelor's degree or higher in fine arts, art history, or related field with evidence of creative productivity in at least one artistic medium. Minimum of two years of leadership and management experience. Must be able to handle multiple priorities and challenges. Must be visionary, creative, and self-directed. Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft applications. Must be willing to work evenings and weekends. Must have skills to link exhibitions and programming to curriculum, student life, and community.
Master's degree in related field. Evidence of fundraising ability. Gallery experience in an academic environment.
Salary: $43,343 – $48,765, commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus excellent benefit package.
Final candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background investigation.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following, which are required for consideration, by clicking on the link below:
2. Cover letter.
3. Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable at application but official
transcripts will be required prior to appointment).
4. Names and contact information for three professional references.
You will receive an acknowledgement email from the system for this position. If you do not receive this confirmation email within 15 minutes of applying, please check your junk/spam folder. You can also log back in to view your submitted application from the Applications list. Click on FAQs for more details and step-by-step instructions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
ArtJobsInHigherEd.com - 8 months ago