The main objective of the Director of Global Value-Based Strategic Pricing is to generate targeted, actionable, and value-based recommendations for pricing products to ensure optimal access and reimbursement, and to lead its implementation, execution and revision along the different moments of the assigned products lifecycle
Health Services Research, Market Access, Affiliates, Business franchises, Global Product Teams, Finance and Controlling, Business Development, Global Business Intelligence
Key providers, Opinion leaders in the pricing and reimbursement area, HTA, HEOR, HE…area
- Generate targeted, actionable, and value-based recommendations for pricing products to ensure optimal access and reimbursement along all product life cycle
- By transforming data into strategic recommendations
- By transforming insights into impact
- By transforming value into pricing and access
- Provide pricing and market access insights to support a go/no-go decision for licensing, and is able to communicate in a efficient way to the organization key price- access points for a given product based on primary and secondary research
- Can develop price/volume scenarios, and other price model analyses
- Identify in a proactive way value gaps in order to succeed on pricing strategies and is able to communicate them to other closely related areas (pharmacoeconomics, health outcomes, market access…), looking for the company team work
- Optimize revenue generation through pricing strategies, considering the highly dynamic internal and external environment
- Lead the implementation and execution of the pricing strategies, identifying on a proactive way the need to update and review then along the different moments of the products lifecycle, based on the internal and external changes
- Understands local needs and is able to develop, or to lead the development together with other departments, of tools supporting pricing strategy execution at local level
- Is able to understand the most complex pricing or technical insights and data and translate them into concrete actions and messages
- Proactively looks for new opportunities and developments to better manage the value, price and access relationship to achieve maximum business impact.
- Proactively looks for process optimization, including pricing information systems, policies and procedures and other elements. Proactively searches being updated of new services, providers, tools to enhance efficiency
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred
- A formal education in a Life Science is not considered essential, but intellectual capacity to understand life science-and technical issues is necessary
- Health Economics, health outcomes, or related areas sound knowledge
- Fluency in English, both oral and written communications
PERSONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- 8+ years experience in either pharmaceutical industry or consultancy company, including at least 3 years experience doing value-based pricing strategies in an international environment in a pharmaceutical company
- Record of success in participation on and in supporting teams
- Working knowledge (regulatory, pricing, reimbursement, healthcare practice, health systems) of major European healthcare markets
- Track record of successfully establishing and maintaining complex, multi-country business processes
- Team management experience (direct reports or multi-functional teams leadership)
- Strategic thinker with ability to formulate, develop, contribute to and execute a value-based pricing strategy with a working knowledge of clinical development, health economics, pricing and commercial areas
- Understands how funding systems work and the pricing and reimbursement process; effectively applies knowledge of the market, industry trends, product attributes, and health economics to manage the pricing and reimbursement process.
- Understands the political/legislative decision making process and how governments work at a national and local level.
- Ability to work well within a matrix environment
- Ability to champion ideas, focus on results and command respect through exercise of sound business judgment and clear decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines both within and outside of the company
- Excellent presentation and communication/negotiation skills with an ability to efficiently and productively communicate both orally and in writing at all levels
- Able to translate complex data into simple messages
- Creative problem solver
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with EMD Serono’s Values.
- Business professional with capacity to grow and learn, self aware, emotionally intelligent.
- Genuine team player, committed to “winning” for the business team over self-interest
- With sense of ownership / accountability of business results
- Strong comfort level in managing competing priorities and negotiations
- Some international travel (Up to 20%)
The Allstate Corporation is a holding company of Allstate Insurance Company. The Company�s business is conducted principally through...