It’s a vision. A passion. An intimate understanding of who we are and what we are capable of achieving. And in your heart, you know you are already a part of it. We are The Walt Disney Company, a global family live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and life-long memories. You’re invited to make our future your future. From one-of-a-kind vacation excursions and edge-of-your-seat theatrical thrillers to futuristic, interactive entertainment experiences, our vision is one of innovation. And our innovation touches millions every day. If you bring your individual talents to The Walt Disney Company, you could be a part of it all.
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
The Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a strategic leader for The Walt Disney Studios across multiple diverse and creative businesses, including Live Action Production, the Disney Music Group, Studio Technology and Multicultural Initiatives, supporting approximately 500 employees and production staff. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a combination of strong business acumen and significant Human Resource (HR) functional knowledge to guide the development of HR strategies that will attract, develop and retain the breadth of talent required to drive client business success. This position requires an individual who can act as a senior consultant to the business, build and execute strong integrated HR strategies and initiatives for assigned clients, as well as manage and develop the teams that support each client’s unique business needs, culture and objectives.
The Director, HRBP also helps plan and execute initiatives to continuously improve the HR Business Partner function, in support of the HR senior leadership team, in order to build a world-class HR organization with strong employee engagement. As part of the HR executive team, this role requires an experienced perspective based on business and organizational transformation, active collaboration, agility, technical excellence and the ability to successfully partner with and advise senior business leaders and functional HR leads.
1. Support the HR senior leadership team with building and continuously improving the Studio Human Resources Business Partner function to be aligned to and fully integrated with the unique requirements of each line-of-business within The Walt Disney Studios.
• Develop a high performing HR culture where team members can demonstrate their best abilities;
• Identify and adopt the creation and utilization of relevant internal and external tools and best practices.
2. Partner with Studio executives to drive business results by actively engaging in the development and execution of business strategies, across multiple Studio businesses, by defining and aligning integrated HR strategies.
• Identify risks and opportunities across client organizations through predictive modeling tools (e.g. metrics and analytics) that capture organizational trends and future events;
• Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support client business objectives;
• Facilitate the development of business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) to build organizational focus, efficiency, speed, and business results;
• Serve as a strategic business advisor to executive team on key organizational and management issues;
• Develop and integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to employees, customers, consumers and partners;
• Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, leveraging rigorous workforce analytics and insights
• Lead organization design activities to streamline and implement new organization structures, roles and/or processes that create speed and efficiency and support rapidly shifting business demands;
• Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time;
• Design and facilitate executive team and large group work sessions focused on issues such as strategy development, team building, leading change and collaborative problem solving
• Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
3. Lead and coach an effective and efficient HRBP team to successfully support current and future business strategies. Lead change management activities and provide strong leadership to the HRBP team by encouraging diversity of thought, focusing on employee development and performance, and ensuring teams continually acquire new skills and capabilities.
• Lead and continuously develop a successful HRBP team, that is positioned as credible, proactive, and trusted thought partners through building relationships and delivering results;
• Ensure the ongoing development of HR staff capabilities and individual talent management;
• Responsible for ensuring HRBP teams can competently deliver core services.
4. Develop collaborative partnerships with HR and functional partners.
• Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Comp, EOD, Recruitment) and other staff groups (e.g., Finance, Communications) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs;
• Proactively integrate HR functional partners into client strategies and projects, providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions;
• Maintain collaborative relationships with Enterprise partners to share and leverage best practices.
• 10 + years experience as a HR Business Partner, or equivalent, with specific experience in Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion and Change Management
• 5 + years experience in leading and developing staff professionals
• Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies;
• Relevant experience driving complex org design, talent and change strategies to effectively align the organization and talent to deliver on new business objectives;
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop, drive and contribute to overall strategy and business plans in a rapidly developing/changing environment;
• Strong knowledge and experience with HR Business Partner (generalist), Talent Acquisition/Planning, Learning and Development, Employee Relations, Organizational Development, Change Management, and Diversity & Inclusion functions;
• Strong client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically;
• Demonstrated ability to develop, monitor and respond to HR and company metrics;
• Broad business and financial understanding and the ability to apply to human capital implications;
• Demonstrated ability to drive broad complex projects to successful completion;
• Demonstrated ability to take a broad view of the Studio business and deliver HR solutions that balance client and overall studio needs
• Proven ability to make sound financial decisions as needed (e.g. overhead budget management);
• Ability to think strategically, synthesize complex business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions;
• Proven experience building an effective, relevant HR consulting group to deliver integrated business solutions to clients;
• Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance;
• Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners;
• Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change;
• PHR or SPHR certification is a plus.
• Knowledge of employment and labor law and prior labor relations experience strongly preferred
• Master’s Degree with emphasis Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures.