It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, and then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
DISNEY THEATRICAL GROUP (DTG) is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises. DTG produces or licenses live entertainment events that reach a global annual audience of more than 20 million people in more than 40 countries. DTG produces and licenses Broadway musicals around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN® , Mary Poppins, a co-production by Disney and Cameron Mackintosh, and The Little Mermaid. DTG also delivers live entertainment around the globe through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Disney Live!. In addition, DTG licenses musical titles for local school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International.
The Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a strategic leader for Disney Theatrical Group (DTG), which is among the world’s most successful theatre enterprises, producing or licensing live entertainment events that reach a global annual audience of over 20 million people in more than 40 countries. The Director, HRBP supports approximately 100 full time employees and 2000 union production staff. The ideal candidate possesses a combination of strong business acumen and significant Human Resource (HR) functional knowledge to successfully collaborate as a senior consultant to the business to continually align focus and resources to opportunities.
Working in partnership with Studio-based HR leaders, the Director, HRBP helps plan and execute initiatives to continuously improve the HR Business Partner function in building a world-class HR organization with strong employee engagement. As part of the HR executive team, this role requires an experienced perspective based on business and organizational transformation, active collaboration, agility, technical excellence and the ability to successfully partner with and advise senior business leaders and functional HR leads.
1. Partner with Disney Theatrical Group (DTG) executives to continually align focus and resources to opportunities.
a. Facilitate the development of business strategies (i.e. vision, mission, value, objectives) to build and support organizational focus, internal communication, efficiency and drive business results;
b. Develop and implement change management strategies to support critical evolution of the business and achieve desired business results that are sustainable over time;
c. Assess organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing HR solutions that support DTG objectives;
d. Create and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management focused on forecasting, staffing, on-boarding, development, performance management, career / succession planning, talent movement and retention, and leveraging workforce analytics and insights;
e. Serve as a strategic business advisor to the DTG executive team on key org and management issues;
f. Develop and integrate diversity and inclusion strategies into business plans to ensure an inclusive approach to employees, customers and partners;
g. Design and facilitate executive team and large group work sessions focused on issues such as strategy development, team building, leading change and collaborative problem solving;
h. Coach business leaders on leadership behaviors and practices, employee communication, development and performance management strategies and tactics to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
2. Support the HR senior leadership team with building and continuously improving the Studio HR Business Partner function to be aligned to and fully integrated with the unique requirements of the Disney Theatrical Group.
a. Develop a high performing HR culture where team members can demonstrate their best abilities;
b. Identify and adopt the creation and utilization of relevant internal and external tools and best practices.
3. Lead and coach an effective HRBP team to successfully support current and future business strategies. Lead change management activities and provide strong leadership to the HRBP team by encouraging diversity of thought, employee development and continuous growth/development within the team.
a. Develop a successful HRBP team that is positioned as credible, proactive, and trusted thought partners through building relationships and delivering results;
b. Ensure the ongoing development of HR staff capabilities and individual talent management;
c. Responsible for ensuring HRBP team can competently deliver core services.
4. Develop collaborative partnerships with Studio and Enterprise HR and functional partners.
a. Develop partnerships with HR functional teams (e.g., Comp, EOD, Recruitment) and other staff groups (e.g., Finance, Communications) to deliver integrated solutions to HR-related needs;
b. Proactively integrate HR functional partners into DTG strategies and projects, providing critical coaching and context to enable partners to make effective contributions;
c. Maintain collaborative relationships with Enterprise partners to share and leverage best practices.
10 + years experience as a HR Business Partner, or equivalent, with specific experience in Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Diversity & Inclusion and Change Management;
5 + years experience in leading and developing staff professionals;
- Experience in a working theatre environment;
- Proven ability to proactively translate changing business objectives to effective HR strategies;
- Relevant experience driving org design, talent and change strategies to effectively align focus and resources to opportunities;
- Strong client relationship management skills and demonstrated experience in developing consultative relationships with executive leaders, including the ability to influence decision makers to think strategically and critically;
- Demonstrated ability to drive broad complex projects to successful completion;
- Proven ability to make sound financial decisions as needed (e.g. overhead budget management);
- Ability to think strategically, synthesize business/financial data and develop innovative and holistic HR solutions;
- Proven experience building an effective, relevant HR team to deliver integrated business solutions to clients;
- Models excellent judgment and demonstrates the courage to take smart risks that improve business performance;
- Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively embrace and drive positive, transformational change;
- Knowledge of employment and labor law and prior labor relations experience strongly preferred
Master’s Degree with emphasis Human Resource Management, Organization Development or Business
This position is withBV Theatrical Group Ltd.
Disney - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard