The Director IP Strategy will perform comprehensive information gathering and analysis to help determine future opportunities and risks regarding current and targeted IP relationships. The analysis recommendations will provide key input to the IP steering team for decision making. This position concerns proactive management of our licensed product portfolio concerning 35% or $950M of our revenue in addition to exploring market data opportunities.
• Gather information from internal and external sources to facilitate a “deep dive” into organizations of our current and targeted IP relationships
• Leverage information obtained from deep dives to work with Business Line Management heads, Research and Product Development and Regional team members to identify strategic opportunities and potential points of competitive threats/constraints
• Work with business owners and their key adjacencies to build business cases to define and quantify opportunities
• Ongoing analysis and proactive management of CME Group's licensed product and data portfolio
• Analysis of global regulatory impacts (PRA, manipulation, open access, etc.) to our Futures and OTC business. Development of recommendations to comply and to pursue opportunities presented by the resultant jurisdictional regulations
• Work with business owners and their key adjacencies to develop and commercialize CME’s internally generated intellectual property and referential data
• Assist in negotiations with current and potential partners to expand and pursue new opportunities
• Data analysis and research experience
• Financial modeling experience
• Strong understanding of jurisdictional regulatory requirements and impacts to Futures and OTC markets
• Prior product line management experience
• Familiarity with licensing terminology and structures
• Degree in finance, sciences (mathematics, engineering) or economics a plus
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group ( www.cmegroup.com ) is where the world comes to manage risk. Based in Chicago, with offices in New York, London, Singapore, Calgary, Houston, São Paulo, Singapore, Tokyo and Washington D.C., our team of more than 2,500 employees has an impact on the global economy every day. We offer:
- The widest range of global benchmark futures and options available across all major asset classes;
- The most advanced trading technology;
- Industry-leading clearing and risk management capabilities;
- A relentless customer focus, serving leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations and individual traders; and,
- A great place to work.
With this strong foundation in place, we are looking to continue growing our business in both listed and over-the-counter markets. To support this growth, we are seeking highly motivated individuals to help foster our corporate culture and uphold our core values of leading with conviction and integrity, advancing the global economy, building lasting relationships and acting with ingenuity every day.
We hope you will consider joining our world-class team.
CME Group - 14 months ago