Oversee day to day operations of all BCN systems; technical selection criteria for new systems, development of systems strategies, selection of tools.
- Lead and direct the organization in the development of new systems and integration of multiple software application packages.
- Direct the review of tools and technologies for improving performance and reducing costs.
- Manage the day to day operational oversight of the TriZetto, ASP, and operation of all BCN systems including batch processing, production control, defect resolution and optimization.
- Define the SDLC and coordination as appropriate with BCBSM and the development of standards and coordination of them with BCBSM and Trizetto.
- Assist with the development of the BCN IT budget; planning, budgeting, strategic solutions.
- Work closely with Business Units and with appropriate business areas to ensure their business needs are understood and that services provided meet those needs.
- Determine creative solutions to strategic system and operational requirements.
- Direct management and coaching and counseling of staff. Perform leadership duties supporting Gallup and including performance reviews, discipline, and coaching and counseling.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years experience in Information Technology and Management.
- Significant knowledge of systems, including virtually all aspects of development and operation, mainframe and client server with network capabilities required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills..
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to manage conflict and find mutually acceptable resolutions.
Chief Information Officer
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 2 years ago