The Howard Hughes Corporation owns, manages and develops
commercial, residential and mixed-use real estate
throughout the country. Our company is comprised of
Master Planned Communities, Operating Properties,
Strategic Developments and other unique assets spanning
18 state from New York to Hawaii. We are traded on the
New York Stock Exchange as HHC.
We are currently seeking a Director of Infrastructure
who will be responsible for managing IT servers,
network, data centers and enterprise software
infrastructure. Support consolidation of multi-location
systems infrastructure into single location and continue
to manage the systems for high availability across the
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Job responsibilities for this position are focused on
management of the following:
- Network Infrastructure
- Active Directory (AD)
- Unified Communications
including AD structure and design.
- Oversee all aspects of network infrastructure
knowledge for triage support of critical systems.
- Provide tier 2 help desk support and specialized
via a Comcast fiber based MPLS network; must be
- Manage connectivity of eight (8) separate facilities
available on a 24/7 basis to provide support and
resolution for any network, voice or message-related
communications and unified communication platform
- Responsible for all telecommunications, data
utilizing Microsoft Enterprise voice solution
consisting of MS Office Communicator 2007 R2, Lync
2010, Microsoft Exchange Unified Messaging for voice
mails, NET media gateway for PSTN connectivity,
Tenor AX/UX media gateways for analog line delivery
to telephony equipment.
infrastructure and support equipment in an HP
- Responsible for the maintenance of all
centric environment. The current server
infrastructure consists of more than 70 servers
(mixed physical and virtual), 250+ PCs, Managed MPLS
(Comcast Metronet), network, Trapeze enterprise
wireless and HP switchgear.
core network equipment and HP server gear,
- Support data center environment consisting of Cisco
environment-controlled server room, with emergency
systems including UPS, piped natural gas generator,
fire suppression, card controlled access, dedicated
environmental system and active monitoring.
Generator provides power for not only server room
and phone system but also for key management
computer and printing needs.
equipment to maintain 99.99% server up time during
- Provide high-level support for all facilities and
operating hours from 7:00 am - 8:00 pm. 7 days a
increase employee productivity by making job
- Research and provide hardware solutions that
functions more efficient and understandable, while
requiring less effort or providing additional
software and support levels to ensure the company
- Establish standards and guidelines for hardware,
realizes and capitalizes on the best value for all
including expense and capital projects.
- Forecasting and budgeting of IT expenditures
hardware support and software licensing agreements.
- Manage day-to-day ordering of equipment, renewal of
vendors for hardware, services and software support.
- Identification and management of all third party
reducing operational costs and increasing client
- Work directly with hardware/software vendors,
awareness of current market trends in attempts for
maximum return on investments.
execution of corporate office and data center move
- Play integral role in design, coordination and
including complete overhaul of wide area network
infrastructure from T1 to high-speed MPLS solution
and upgraded all core switches and routers. Work
around the clock in part of a team effort to
complete overnight data center relocation and
addressed promptly, users have the right equipment
- Ensure that all needs of Executive team are
and software to perform tasks at hand, and
accommodate any guest requests within reason and
maintain a stable and secure business network
environment to enable success.
Job Requirements:Education, Certifications and Licenses:
- BS/MS CIS or MIS.
- Microsoft Certified Professional.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional.
- Microsoft Voice Specialist.
Howard Hughes Corporation - 22 months ago