Director, Global Internal Audit
• Responsible for the developing, planning and executing financial, operational, IT, and compliance risk based audits across portfolio (all areas including balance sheet reviews, administration, supply chain, internal controls and systems, information technology and financial transactions).
• Assure audits completed with quality and meet industry (IIA) and department standards for performance.
• Lead the annual risk assessment utilized by Global Internal Audit to develop ongoing audit plans.
• Continuously improve the comprehensive risk-based internal audit methodology and execute operational, IT, compliance and financial internal audit reviews in line with the methodology to identify control and operational weaknesses and work with the business process owner to create effective management action plans to address the indentified gaps.
• Oversee audit work covering planning, fieldwork and reporting; ensuring all risks are covered; review audit reports and submit to VP for final review before issuance.
• Present audit results to the Finance Leadership Team and provide input to the VP in preparation of Audit Committee meetings.
• Lead the SOX controls testing initiative and collaborate with the external auditors to analyze scope, testing approach and results.
• Stay abreast of new and emerging finance, IT, compliance and operational risks, trends and regulations.
• Leverage analytics and other software applications to automate audit tasks where possible, expand audit coverage, and audit team efficiency
• Proactively establish strong relationships with all key stakeholders, including regional and corporate, operations and finance management, as well as external auditors. Understand, anticipate and balance the competing objectives of stakeholders. Deliver pragmatic solutions.
• Collaborate with Corporate Controller’s group and external auditors in evaluating internal audit results and impact on US GAAP financial statements.
• Establish direction and coordinate Global Internal Audit activities with the external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage, eliminate duplicate efforts, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
• Lead Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program to ensure appropriate levels of risk across the organization.
• Exhibit and promote high levels of ethics and integrity
• Manage talent and engagement to develop an outstanding, results-oriented internal audit team; develop open communications and a "one team" mentality within the IA team and the business teams:
o Attract, develop and retain top talent for the department
o Provide on-boarding, coaching and training/development
o Provide leadership & direction and performance management
• Undertake other tasks or special projects as and when required by management (i.e. department budget, resourcing, group training, Quality assurance review, etc.)
• The successful candidate will be bright, intellectually curious and flexible, and will aggressively seek to develop a strong understanding of Avon's businesses.
• Strong critical thinking, analytical and influencing skills and an ability to assess risk, analyze the business and operating impact and identify underlying issues
• A solid knowledge of technical accounting, controls and business practices and compliance environment, with the ability to scope, plan and execute audit programs and reviews with minimum direction
• Ability to work effectively across the organization; building and maintain positive productive relationships and being accepted as a business partner.
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to the needs of the business units, comprehend complex matters and develop practical resolutions. Ability to present issues and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to manage large audit teams both domestic and internationally, including co-sourced teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other relevant discipline. CPA/Certified/Chartered Accountant status preferred
• Minimum of 12-15 years’ work experience in Finance areas such as Accounting, Auditing, Planning and Analysis. Operational experience is a plus. Experience in Big 4 public accounting is preferred.
• Travel required - percentage to be determined but will not be less than 25%.