As a senior marketing leader, influences the development and drives the execution, through direct supervision of marketing and product management roles supporting the Life Science Research Reagent (LSRR) business. Emphasis is on marketing management, primarily responsible for leading the global product line(s) marketing efforts, developing strategies for profitable growth, and developing organizational marketing talent. Works in partnership with other Business and Regional Marketing to assure that short and long-term growth objectives for the region and/or WW business are achieved. Global responsibility for product development and regional readiness for product launches. Directly manages marketing associates who are responsible for developing and maintaining product marketing plans to produce maximum sales, growth and profitability. Establishes and maintains a strong competitive position through strategic and tactical identification of marketing opportunities.
- Sets direction for short term strategy and development of annual WW marketing plan. Responsible for overall positioning in the market place and competitive strategies. Manages implementation of strategy and tactical elements of annual marketing plan. Accountable for achievement of expectations.
- Responsible for competitive strategy/pricing strategy to achieve market share objectives within relevant profitability bounds
- Support long-term platform strategy, identifies growth opportunities and potential concepts
- Establishes, implements and maintains 'best practices' in brand marketing and product development marketing
- Manages and coordinates the activities of Research Reagents marketing team. Also develops and manages departmental expense budgets.
- Participates in the development and review of the annual Worldwide Marketing Plan
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified. Works within relevant program teams as a leader or member.
- Manages interface with R&D, Operations, Sales and other functional and regional teams to develop new products relevant to growth. Assures that worldwide customer requirements are prioritized based on opportunity and represented to the product development teams.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a B.A./ B.S. in a related scientific discipline and minimum of seven (7) years product and/or market management within Life Science Research and/or Biotechnology (or a related discipline) with a consistent track-record of high performance and results. Master's Degree, Ph.D. and/or MBA preferred.
- Requires strong scientific and technical knowledge with the ability to develop and review technical product specifications and applications development plans based on customer needs. Specific understanding of immunology and flow cytometry preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge in the following areas:
- Brand Marketing
- Product Development Marketing
- Associate management and development
- Action oriented with the ability to drive for results.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and implementation skills; proven analytical skills with the ability to translate data into actionable plans; convert these into tactical marketing plans, and execute/deliver results.
- Experience in developing and implementing WW pricing and branding strategies, detailed marketing plans
- Phase-gate product development experience; product launch experience with track-record of results
- Demonstrates effective communication and interpersonal skills, and can work internationally with diverse cultures
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing priorities. Proven ability to routinely work on multiple tasks with multiple people while effectively prioritizing.
Job Specific Requirements:
- 20-30% travel (domestic & international)
CareerBuilder - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard