Vidant Health is looking for a Director of Marketing to become a part of our Strategic Development team.
About Vidant Health
Vidant Health , located in eastern North Carolina, is a comprehensive health system that is made up of 10 hospitals that serve 1.4 million people in 29 counties. Vidant Health includes Vidant Medical Center, community hospitals, physician practices and partners that collaborate with Vidant Health to enhance the quality of life of our patients.
- Oversees the development, implementation and management of marketing plans to meet strategic business goals for system; gathers and assesses necessary data and information that leads to informed recommendations; involves appropriate senior leaders in the planning and implementation.
- Leads planning, development, implementation, and management of brand and marketing strategies to drive customer acquisition retention, and brand loyalty.
- Stays abreast of competitor and customer environments to proactively identify new marketing opportunities.
- Partners with the regional marketing managers to ensure successful planning and execution of advertising campaigns and to provide brand expertise and guidance. Adopt best practices and avoid duplication of efforts to achieve cost efficiencies.
- Works with fellow managers and service line leadership to develop creative elements which consistently and powerfully communicate business messages.
- Responsible for all aspects of brand management. Ensures all programs adhere to policies and brand guidelines.
- Responsible for overall creative direction and quality control of all media placement
- Provides marketing counsel to senior leadership.
- Works collaboratively across the enterprise to build the health system brand, develop competitively-differentiated core competencies and leverage scale to create efficiencies.
- Works in tandem with the Corporate Communications Director and Digital Media Director to deliver coordinated strategic messages to target audiences
- Develop a deep understanding of the business of Vidant Health, keeping abreast of emerging trends in the healthcare industry, political, and social environments; continuously evaluating these impacts and recommend changes to strategy as needed
- Negotiates alliances and vendor contracts and manages the relationships
- Develops and recommends marketing budgets and investments to support strategies; manages project budgets
- Oversees production of all creative executions in support of strategic marketing plans and objectives
- Maintains effective business relationships with advertising agencies, media organizations and vendors in the development of targeted campaigns;
- Define and measure the metrics for performance scorecard of all marketing efforts. Develops and or applies advanced methods and tools to track effectiveness of implemented programs and campaigns. Analyzes and reports findings; incorporates insight into decision making.
- Manages a team responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of integrated brand, marketing initiatives to achieve strategic and financial objectives for the system identified strategic service lines.
- Ensures recruitment, orientation, development, evaluation and retention of highly capable staff.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Mentors and develops staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis
- Establishes and monitors staff performance and development goals, assigns accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conducts annual performance appraisals, and administers salary adjustment
Ideal candidates will have previous role in marketing leadership, preferably in the healthcare industry. We are looking for someone with a strategic perspective to marketing and understands where the organization is heading strategically. This individual should be able to evaluate and recommend a marketing strategy for the message, medium and duration to achieve organizational goals. Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Bachleor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, Journalism, Business , or related field is reqired; MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years experience with increasing responsibility as a Marketing leader in a corporate environment.
- Experience working for an advertising/marketing agency or someone who has been a key contact for managing agency work is highly preferred.
- Experience in healthcare marketing, digital media communication or public relations preferred. Experience in the following industries may also be considered: banking, airlines, hospitality or other industries with transferable marketing skills also considered.
_______________________________________________________________________________________ Contact Information
For additional information, please contact Amanda Wells, Recruiter:
Tel: (252) 847-2047
Vidant Medical Center - 15 months ago