The Director reports to the Senior Director and will be responsible for the planning and execution of on and off-channel media plans for ESPN properties as well as media planning and trafficking responsibility for all ESPN promo digital and mobile media inventory.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Management of an Associate Media Director and Media Manager and their teams
• Oversee development of media briefs for internal teams and external agencies
• Work with media agencies in the development and execution of off-channel plans
• Represent media team on cross functional marketing teams and larger company teams as necessary
• Work with research to understand target insights for ESPN brands, specifically cross media consumption
• Lead the digital traffic group for all digital media needs – ESPN.com and ESPN Mobile
• Responsible for ESPN.com promo calendar
• Liaise with FRM team on all advanced digital targeting campaigns
• Stewardship of the ESPN off-channel media budget
• Assist Senior Director in long range planning every winter
• Minimum of 8 years overall business experience with a minimum of 6 years in media experience (corporate or agency)
• Minimum of 4 years of managerial experience
• Must have knowledge of TV, radio, digital, mobile, print and OOH media
• Strong analytical skills
• Proficiency in Excel and spreadsheets
• Well versed in Sports
• Detail oriented
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 19 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...