Job Title: |
Director - Disability Claim Analytics
Position can be based out of Bridgewater, NJ or Tampa, FL.
Job Summary: We are looking for a disability claims expert to track, lead and advance our disability analytics program. This candidate must have considerable background in operational and financial metrics related to claims management, preferentially with long-term disability.
- Manages, coaches, and develops management personnel involved in tracking, analyzing and reporting financial and operational metrics.
- Translates senior management vision and develops department vision, strategy, service levels, and business objectives.
- Communicates vision and strategy to staff.
- Determines what metrics to track, how they are to be measured, and the method in which data is tracked, stored and reported.
- Identifies training needs of end users and staff and develops and provides the necessary training to meet those needs.
- Partners with other operational areas to build strong working relations and improve workflow and organizational issues.
- Oversees the compilation and analysis of operational and transactional data and creates high level reports of operational financial and performance results, including trend analysis, status of major initiatives, escalating issues, and potential solutions.
- Provides reporting and analysis to senior leadership and prepares executive summaries.
- Presents results, analysis and potential solutions to senior leadership at business reviews and/or operational updates.
- Provides project management support to various initiatives by providing financial, work measurement, equipment/space planning, and metrics reporting support.
- Manages strategic projects that encompass both short and long term business planning.
- Performs cost benefit analysis for re-engineering and technology initiatives, identifies expense reduction opportunities, and recommends appropriate staffing levels.
- Forecasts and monitors the budget for areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Full people management responsibility, including hiring, firing, promotions, performance and compensation management, & training & development.
- 2+ years of related work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in disabiltiy claims and operations with a focus on operational metrics and process improvement.
- Ability to translate strategic business goals into projects which result in measurable process and business improvements.
- Ability to work closely with research team, including quantitative modelers.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to succinctly present very complex results to senior business leaders and stakeholders.
- Strong database skills, including SQL and ability to pull together disparate data sources.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with various levels of management, including translating complex ideas and data into actionable steps for business units, and providing guidance and mentorship to other staff members.
- Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and adapt to changing priorities
- Good time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
More Than 10 Years
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 18 months ago
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...