Job Title: |
Director, Metrics for Operations Management
New York, NY
Seeking self-motivated, driven individual who can not only survive, but thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The Director, Metrics for Operations Management is a new position, within a new group (operations), so the right candidate must be able to create order where it does not exist, shape a group that is currently shapeless and cultivate an environment that will flourish under extreme circumstances. Most of all, the right candidate must be able to envision success before it’s visible on the horizon and create a path to get there. This will not be easy. Every day will bring new challenges, but helping individuals protect their financial future, not only for themselves, but their loved ones, makes it well worth the effort.
The challenges facing the Director, Metrics for Operations Management will be numerous. We’re building a new business inside a 140-year old company. With a ground-up approach, come high expectations. Core to our success, and to that of the candidate, will be the candidate’s ability to define and implement operational procedures and techniques to improve the efficiency of business operations. Leveraging a repository of robust data, the Director will identify operational issues, inefficient processes and areas of instability through in-depth analysis.
Beyond current state, the Director will be required to build out remaining staff, identify and institute best-practices, establish key performance indicators (KPI’s), as well as evolve the operational reporting environment into a proactive, alert-based system.
Your schedule WILL BE PACKED and NEW CHALLENGES will surface each day, but if you love what you do and not just what you get for doing it, you’re in the right place!
- Recommend and build the operational reporting infrastructure related to the key components of the Direct Distribution sales flow
- Lead Distribution
- Case Management
- Customer Retention and Reactivation
- Post Issue Service
- Perform analysis to inform key decisions around technology and technology usage, processes, staff optimization and overall operational health
- Create and execute operational reporting and strategy
- Create and execute automated alerts strategy
- Ensure operational reporting structure and alerts fulfills the needs of Ops and Process personal
- Monitor day to day performance against SLA’s and KPI’s. Provide insight to operations team on interpretation of results and provide directional recommendations. Identify trends and anomalies.
- Recommend and create a consistent, dependable and scalable reporting infrastructure and strategy
- Work closely with Operations team to interpret daily operational reports in an effort to identify inefficient practices and/or technologies, as well as gauge operational stability/instability.
- Work closely with business verticals to ensure that available reports meet ever-evolving business needs. Identify new reports and reporting methodologies, as business needs grow, and demand for innovative uses of data expands.
- Partner with other business verticals in an effort to identify problem areas and recommend both tactical and strategic solutions.
- Work with “Build” team to identify, prioritize and implement solutions in an effort to continually evolve reporting environment.
- Communicate to AVP of Operations the operational health of Direct Distribution.
- Recommend and implement operational “best practices” related to operational reporting, data usage, data warehousing and analytics.
- Expertise utilizing industry standard BI tools
- 7+ years of experience managing operational reporting within a high-volume sales environment
- Experience in creating, and executing on, reporting strategy to support long-term needs of business partners
- 7+ years of experience identifying efficiencies/inefficiencies through the use of KPI’s, SLA’s as well as technology and tool usage
- Expertise with data, data structures and data warehousing
- Experience utilizing disparate data sources to create consolidated waterfall reports
- Experience building reporting and reporting infrastructure
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, technical understanding, and effective experience in an Operations leadership role
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, collaborative, strong communicator, team player, and client-focused.
- Prefer insurance and direct sales experience
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate personal
- Customer focused
- Ability to convey confidence, establish credibility and be decisive
BA/BS required, MBA or similar advanced degree desirable
Global Brand, Marketing & Communication
Number of Openings
Referral Award Eligible?
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...