Responsible forleadership and coordination of IT activities related to mobile technologies, including strategy development, process development, the setting of standards and methodologies, and the deployment of innovative solutions in support of internal and external customers. Serve as the lead subject matter expert in systems, tools, devices, cost modeling, deployment, and all related subject areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the creation and implementation of a mobile technology strategy.
- In conjunction with users and other IT Directors and Project Managers, where applicable, implement mobile technology and solutions to meet the needs of Charles River and its customers.
- Recommend the roadmap for procuring / developing and deploying mobile technology and supporting solutions consistent with strategic priorities and IT dependencies. Similarly, the recommendation should be made jointly with select business function leadership.
- Lead the organization to define, design & develop, support and test the solution through the project development lifecycle.
- Institutionalize a common system development lifecycle (PLC) for use across IT.
- Establish and project-manage the implementation team.
- Implement core IT practices, including: project management per the PLC, portfolio management, information architecture, process architecture, career development and training, common engineering (common objects, re-usable code), testing & quality assurance and validation.
- Ensure solutions are transitioned smoothly through the production cut-over process
- Lead training and / or ensure effective knowledge transfer to those responsible for training use of the new solutions such that adoption and value realization is optimized.
- Provide timely and effective level 3 support for mobile technology related questions. Plan, fix & implement patch releases as required and governed. Manage user expectations through timely communications.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our customers.
- Drive best practices for the usage of Mobile technology across all business units and corporate.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Communicate changes and facilitate meetings with teams and customers.
- Deliver engaging, informative, well-organized presentations to internal and external customers at all levels.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Manage customer interaction and expectation regarding development efforts.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in computer science or related discipline. MBA or other relevant graduate degree a plus.
- Experience: 8+ years’ related experience, including leadership experience in mobility solution selection, design, integration, operation deployment, asset management, ROI, and cost control. Must have significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures. Must have both device, and operating knowledge, including but not limited to, Blackberry, Apple, iOS, Android, etc and similar, including smartphones and tablets. Knowledge of IT solutions and infrastructure, current IT technologies and systems management experience required. Medium to large company experience, global implementation experience, and/or broad consulting experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Project Management certification a plus.
- Other: Knowledge of life sciences, biopharma or related industry. Strong interpersonal skills including influencing and aligning. Effective communication skills for large, multinational audiences.
Charles River Laboratories is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in the workplace.
Charles River Laboratories - 21 months ago
Chickens and rats have an important part to play in Charles River Laboratories International's specialty portfolio of medical products....