Posting Title |
Director Of Executive Marketing
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today!
Why work for our Division
The Marketing & Alliances teams play an instrumental role in helping to build VMware into a category-defining company. As part of the team, you will work to build, evangelize and deliver world-class virtualization solutions, products, and services to customers and partners.
VMware is seeking a Senior Marketing professional to join the Enterprise Segment Marketing Team responsible for driving VMware’s thought leadership agenda with CXO and executive audiences within VMware’s enterprise global customers. This is an opportunity to help establish VMware as the strategic partner for the enterprise, helping CXOs achieve critical business priorities while advancing the goals of the business. The individual in this position will drive positioning and thought leadership for executive audiences, determining executive priorities and business issues based on input from customers, sales executives, industry analysts and other market sources. The individual in this role must also be able to connect these business needs to core VMware missions and unique differentiators. This position is ideally suited for a marketing and business savvy individual possessing a strong analytical mind as well as excellent writing skills. While technical aptitude is important, the ideal candidate must understand the unique needs, characteristics and motivations of an executive audience. This role is responsible for a high volume of content creation and must be able to leverage excellent messaging, positioning, and communication skills to define compelling value propositions, develop effective sales and marketing tools and collateral. This position will have responsibility for core marketing programs that drive relationships with executive audiences and influence global marketing directions. It’s also critical that you are able to partner with a core set of sales stakeholders as well as partners across the marketing organization. Success for this role is measured in the ability to positively impact CXO awareness and perception of VMware, while elevating VMware’s ability to sell directly to the executive office.
More specifically, this person’s area of responsibility will include:
- Develop the positioning and thought leadership agenda for VMware’s global CXO marketing initiatives
- Define messaging and positioning that helps VMware gain greater access to the CXO audience in is global customer base while establishing VMware as a strategic partner able to help executives effectively advance business goals
- Develop content and evidence that establishes VMware’s value to the executive audience, informing social media programs, online and in-person customer-facing activities, executive presentations, sales training and enablement and more
- Drive global engagement and alignment with international Field Marketing organization
- Quantify success to key metrics established as part of CMO dashboard, driving to consistent metrics globally while modifying activities to ensure success for aggressive targets
- Evangelize the relevance and unique qualities of the CXO audience internally at VMware to establish momentum for broad investment in CXO programs, training and initiatives
Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer with functional experience in enterprise software and services, preferably in a product or solutions marketing role. This senior staff member will need to be a self-starter and have the ability to work effectively in high-energy, cross-functional teams, and be able to confidently communicate and work collaboratively with peers and senior executives to create our uniquely differentiated value proposition. This position reports into the Director of Enterprise Strategy.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to understand how business issues align to CIO priorities; ability to establish connections between CIO priorities and long-term technology investments by extract key value propositions relevant to an executive audience
- Demonstrated track record of strong writing, editing and presentation skills
- Strong familiarity and experience driving go-to-market strategies for Enterprise software and IT architecture markets
- Skilled at creating compelling, differentiated Point-of-Views (POVs) at corporate, organization, solution and product levels
- Collaborative work style
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in working with a broad range of colleagues and executives in order to successfully drive awareness and Influence
- Experienced building and leading cross functional virtual teams which are geographically dispersed
- 10 to 12 years experience in product and solutions marketing and developing relevant GTM strategies
Palo Alto, CA, US
Is this a remote or multiple location position?
Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 19 months ago
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in...