Posting Number: STA20110174
Job Title: Director of Major Gifts
Working Title: Director of Major Gifts
Position Class: Staff
Department: IA Major Gifts
The Director of Major Gifts is responsible for developing and maintaining a program to successfully identify, cultivate, solicit, secure and steward major gifts for Lewis & Clark. The Director will also supervise, train and mentor major gifts/planned giving officers to assure they are successfully working with their portfolios of donors and meeting agreed upon performance standards. The Director will work with volunteers as needed in the development and implementation of major and planned giving fundraising plans. Review of applications will begin on March 1st.
Lewis & Clark is an equal opportunity employer. Lewis & Clark will conduct background checks on the finalist(s).
• A Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years successful experience as a frontline fundraiser.
• Demonstrated expertise in cultivation and solicitation strategies with a proven track record of securing major and planned gifts from leadership donors.
• Strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Strong commitment to ethical fundraising. Commitment to the purposes, goals and mission of Lewis & Clark College.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including regular travel and attendance at events some evenings and weekends.
• An understanding of and the ability to communicate the value of a liberal arts education and inspire donors to participate in the life of the College.
• Five years successful experience or more preferred.
• CFRE or other fundraising certificate, or a Master’s degree/ terminal degree providing a background in a field complementary to development work.
• Proven experience in successfully supervising staff.
• Experience with strategic plans and managing operating budgets.
• Leadership role in feasibility studies and/or capital campaigns.
Anticipated Position Start Date: 05/01/2013
Posting Date: 02/13/2013
Open Until Filled
Months Worked Per Year: 12
Pay Rate: DOE
Primary Job Functions:
1. Hire, supervise, mentor and train senior development officers focused on major gifts and planned gifts from individuals. Set performance expectations for staff and track performance. Coordinate work of all Major Gift officers with the Director of Planned Giving.
2. Maintain a portfolio of at least 100 major and planned gift prospects. As a frontline fundraiser develop and implement a comprehensive cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for these prospects. Works both independently and in concert with senior officers, Trustees, dean, faculty and volunteers as appropriate.
3. Regular travel to meet prospects in person.
4. Works with Institutional Advancement staff including Advancement Services, Alumni and Parent programs, Annual Giving, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations and Research and Prospect Management colleagues to develop and implement strategic plans to strengthen, deepen, and expand relationships with donors and potential donors.
5. Attends appropriate College events, programs and meetings.
6. Monitor major gift activity and provide reports to President, Vice President, and Associate Vice President as needed.
7. Prepare and implement annual strategic operations plan and manage department budget.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Participate in a leadership role in the planning and preparation for future campaigns.
2. Participate in the management and coordination of projects within the Institutional Advancement Division and across the College to promote philanthropy among prospective donors.
3. Other duties as assigned.
To apply to this position, please go here: https://jobs.lclark.edu/postings/3497
LatinosInHigherEd.Com - 17 months ago
Lewis & Clark College, a private liberal arts college in Portland, Oregon, was founded in 1867 as Albany Collegiate Institute by a group...