Measurement Systems is seeking a dynamic & energetic Director of Operations that will be responsible for the production processes and right-sizing business operations to match the production of goods. The direct responsibility of ensuring that business operations are efficient in terms of using as few resources as needed, and effective in terms of meeting customer requirements by the management of inputs of materials and labor, into the outputs of goods and services. Responsible for the development of the manufacturing and production systems, materials purchasing and planning, equipment maintenance management, production control, strategic manufacturing policies, systems analysis, productivity analysis, quality, cost control and safety.
Responsible for assisting in training and motivating employees, striving to meet plant goals and administering employee appraisals and/or disciplinary measures. He or she keeps the Plant Manager apprised of all matters affecting the facility's ability to meet customer requirements and plant goals. Monitors financial measurements and promotes "quality" and HSSE values.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of activities in Plant operation to meet production goals, quality, and cost objectives.
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the business unit planning and goal setting process by developing, recommending, implementing and achieving operational plans, goals, budgets, and capital requirements.
- Success includes the measurement of shipment on-time performance, direct labor productivity, quality levels and product cycle times.
- Provide strong leadership on all aspects of materials management and logistics activities to ensure optimum inventory and distribution costs are obtained to meet demand and quality requirements.
- Maintains continuous dialogue and communication with the Plant Manager as needed to keep him apprised of the status of safety, quality, production, schedules, loads, problems and opportunities available to maximize efficient operations and to enhance the overall operations of the company manufacturing operations.
- Displays a personal and professional commitment to the continuous improvement process.
- Lead and conduct weekly and monthly business meetings and scorecards including managing the execution and milestones of major projects
- Coach, counsel, and mentor team members to facilitate their growth and development and to assist in preparing team members for movement along their career paths
- Initiate cost and lead time reductions at the product level through efficiency and cycle time improvements and material cost reduction using six-sigma and lean techniques
- Support and participate the consistent evaluation and audit of product suppliers' and logistics providers' capabilities and
- Other job duties may be assigned
Cameron International knows how to work under pressure. A leading manufacturer, provider, and servicer of oil and gas industry equipment,...