Job Title: |
Director Policy Administration
New York, NY
Seeking self-motivated, driven individual who can not only survive, but thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment. The Director of Policy Administration is a new position, within a new group (operations), so the right candidate must be able to create order where it does not exist, shape a group that is currently shapeless and cultivate an environment that will flourish under extreme circumstances. Most of all, the right candidate must be able to envision success before it’s visible on the horizon and create a path to get there. This will not be easy. Every day will bring new challenges, but helping individuals protect their financial future, not only for themselves, but their loved ones, makes it well worth the effort.
The challenges facing the Director of Policy Administration will be numerous. We’re building a new business inside a 140-year old company. With a ground-up approach, come high expectations. Core to our success, and to that of the candidate, will be the candidate’s ability to define and evolve the post-issue service strategy. As well, this individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations within Direct’s policy administration environment, including third-party administrator management, creation of and adherence to SLA’s, ongoing compliance, and effective process change.
Beyond the current state, the Director will be responsible for producing a multi-year strategy which closely aligns with Direct Distribution’s aggressive 5 yr. business plan.
Your schedule WILL BE PACKED and NEW CHALLENGES will surface each day, but if you love what you do and not just what you get for doing it, you’re in the right place!
Manage the major components of Life & Accident product post-issue service;
Identify and institute industry standards and best practices. Ensure adoption.
- Policy delivery
- Customer correspondence
- Billing ( including payment processing)
- Cancellations, rescinds, refunds
- Change of address, beneficiary, owner, etc..
- Check writing
Manage application and policy “state variations” across multiple products. Work with legal and compliance to implement new regulations and state forms. Ensure MetLife is compliant with all state regulations; annual statements, billing and lapse notices, legal disclosures, etc..
Work with third-party administrator to create call center staffing recommendations. Perform ongoing quality assurance including onsite monitoring, call listening and process reviews.
Ongoing coaching and training of call center staff to meet aggressive SLA’s
Facilitate reviews for a variety of legally-required correspondence including: beneficiary changes, address changes, claims correspondence, confirmation notices, policy pages, etc..
Perform analysis to inform key decisions around technology and technology usage, processes, staff optimization and overall operational health
Monitor day to day performance against SLA’s and KPI’s. Provide insight to operations team on interpretation of results and provide directional recommendations. Identify trends and anomalies.
Interpret daily operational reports in an effort to identify inefficient practices and/or technologies, as well as gauge operational stability/instability.
Partner with other business verticals in an effort to identify problem areas and recommend both tactical and strategic solutions.
Create alignment across internal stakeholders to support critical admin initiatives; finance, treasury, new business, IT, self-service team, customer management, metrics and analytics, build, etc.
Work with “Build” team to identify, prioritize and implement solutions in an effort to continually evolve administration capabilities.
Communicate to AVP, Business Efficiencies the operational health of Direct Distribution post-issue service.
Provide comprehensive recommendation to address operational problem areas. Include proposed solution, approach, impact (all streams), timeline, cost, etc.
Create and maintain operational health reporting
Work closely with Customer Experience leads across the organization to ensure we implement and maintain processes that promote and support Customer Centric environment.
Ensure that we deliver on our promise of prompt claims processing.
- 5+ years of experience managing policy administration within a high-volume sales environment
- Extensive experience with service call center environments
- Experience managing service center SLA’s
- Identify and report out on KPI’s associated with call center performance. Formulate action-plans to address inefficient areas
- Familiarity working with several partners including IT, payment processor, third-party administrators, product owners, etc.
- Experience with instituting cost-cutting measures, such as self-service, email correspondence, offshoring, etc.
- Experience working closely with legal and compliance teams
- Proven experience formulating and implementing cost reduction measures.
- Experience leveraging NPS score as a key input to process and customer touch-point optimization
- 5+ years of experience identifying efficiencies/inefficiencies through the use of KPI’s, SLA’s as well as technology and tool usage
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, technical understanding, and effective experience in an Operations leadership role
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, collaborative, strong communicator, team player, and client-focused.
- Prefer insurance and direct sales experience
- Ability to recruit, train and motivate personal
- Customer focused
- Ability to convey confidence, establish credibility and be decisive
BA/BS required, MBA or similar advanced degree desirable
Global Brand, Marketing & Communication
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...