Lead and design the strategic development of Wellmark’s quality improvement initiative to support the transformation to a customer centric organization that achieves positive business results through sustained process improvement, cost reduction initiatives, and growth through adoption of continuous improvement principles and methodologies. Enhance and sustain Wellmark’s process-oriented culture where member and business requirements and process controls are documented, communicated, and utilized to improve work processes. Analyze and measure the effectiveness of existing business processes and develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements. Lead significant business productivity and capability projects to drive continuous improvement.
Hiring Specifications Required:
Bachelor's Degree in Business related field (Industrial Engineering, Finance, Management, Accounting, Statistics, or Industrial Relations) or Liberal Arts with business emphasis or equivalent work experience
Black Belt Certification.
A minimum of 7-9 years of related progressive leadership experience and 7-9 years of process improvement experience in a fast-paced, complex industry gaining a solid understanding of organizational development and change management concepts.
Proven track record in building and leading business process improvement projects including standards, methodologies and templates in a service environment, while attaining measureable objectives of cost reduction or efficiency improvements without having direct control over the resources.
Ability to apply technology in solving business problems.
Experience in training, coaching, building, leading, motivating, and evaluating teams and projects.
Demonstrates customer focus; plans and implements change with the customer in mind.
Ability to solicit and utilize customer input in product or service design; consistently demonstrates strategic thinking and planning skills; futuristically oriented, able to recognize trends and consequences. Utilizes sound judgment to make timely, intelligent decisions using industry knowledge and data to accurately paint credible pictures of possibilities and likelihoods.
Expert quality improvement knowledge and skills in leading groups in change efforts and reengineering, with knowledge of at least two disciplines, (e.g. Six sigma, Lean, Baldridge Criteria, DMAIC, Kaizen). May specialize in one or more of the following areas: benchmarking, business process analysis and reengineering, change management and measurement, process-driven systems requirements.
Ability to apply DMAIC tools with a deep understanding of advanced continuous improvement tools and techniques – able to design and deliver continuous improvement training.
Effective communication and facilitation skills that establish trust and consensus with ability to negotiate and effectively challenge the status quo. Ability to solicit cooperation and action from others not under their direct report by creating a sense of urgency and teachable point of view.
Ability to implement operational plans; transition from strategy to an operational plan and then guide the implementation of the operational plan.
Possess organizational skills/agility. Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal. Knowledgeable about how organizations function and get things done through formal and informal channels/ networks.
Demonstrates good presentation skills. Is effective in a variety of presentation settings (small or large groups; one-on-one).
Demonstrates sound project management and planning abilities. Accurately scopes out projects; sets objectives and goals; develops schedules and assignments; measures performance against goals/results.
Ability to build and sustain effective relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the betterment of the organization; can represent own interests and respect other perspectives; encourages collaboration; is seen as a team player.
Strong PC skills, including spreadsheets, blueprinting/flowcharting, presentation, and word processing software.
Strong business acumen, including knowledge and understanding of current and potential future policies, practices, trends, business models, financial, and budgeting information affecting the organization.
Possesses strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze information/data, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
Utilizes problem solving skills. Solves difficult problems; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; looks beyond the obvious.
Exhibits the ability to learn quickly; advocates and leads change efforts; analyzes successes and failures for improvement opportunities; enjoys challenges
Hiring Specifications Preferred:
Master's Degree in Business (Industrial Engineering, Finance, Management, Accounting, Statistics, or Industrial Relations) or Liberal Arts with business emphasis.
Certificate in Project Management (PMP)
1. Provide the strategic direction and leadership for Process Management and Process Improvement teams that support Wellmark and divisional strategy and goals. Cascade and communicate strategy and initiatives to team members, driving customer/stakeholder service, and supporting achievement of overall company results.
2. Provide day to day leadership of financial and human resources, primarily focusing on, employee and leader coaching, development, performance improvement, coordination and budgeting for multiple staff, and functions/ services that comprise the Process Improvement Team. Lead team to build their influence across the organization.
3. Enhance and sustain a process-oriented culture where customer and business requirements and process controls are documented, communicated, and utilized to improve work processes. Assist in the establishment of qualitative measures to validate overall efficiency and effectiveness of quality outputs. Create and infuse a metrics driven culture where the cost/value equation becomes institutional in all aspects of business function.
4. Establish key performance indicators to develop deep understanding of operational cost drivers and identify opportunities and targets for process improvement, operation design, automation and data/process integration and governance. Research best business practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data.
5. Maintain an effective plan to promote and support the organizations continuous improvement program along with training, mentoring and applying methods and tools effectively.
6. Direct the development and execution of the pipeline of productivity and capability initiatives, including filling the pipeline, portfolio tracking and management, financial tracking process, project prioritization, project staffing, and coordination across divisions.
7. Train and develop corporate leaders and others in the individual skills, knowledge and capabilities that result in improved cycle times, quality, cost effectiveness and incremental and breakthrough strategies.
8. Support organizational change management initiatives throughout the organization. This includes acting as an expert/coach for organizational leaders with change initiatives.
9. Develop strategy, implement and manage operational excellence certification program, including tracking of participants and their progress as well as provide mentoring program to insure institutionalization of the program.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Wellmark - 12 months ago