McDermott has an immediate opening in Houston, TX for a
Procurement Director for McDermott’s Atlantic Region.
The individual filling this position will be accountable
for all procurement and subcontracting activities
associated with the many projects being executed by
MDR’s Atlantic Business Unit, to include the placing and
administering of purchase orders and contracts for
equipment, materials and services, strategic sourcing,
supplier alliance development, consulting agreements,
claims resolution, expediting, transportation/logistics
and trade compliance. Position reports administratively
to the Vice President and General Manager of the
Business Unit and functionally to MDR’s Global
Procurement and Subcontracts Director.
management concepts and best practices to develop
- Ensures the utilization of aggressive supply
and implement a strategic plan that governs the
sourcing and acquisition of materials, equipment and
services in support of project requirements
providing direction and support to team members as
- Monitors project procurement related activities,
necessary to ensure the successful delivery of
established project requirements
and reviews proposal input to ensure procurement and
- Leads efforts to establish proposal support strategy
subcontracting content complements identified needs
and will permit us to submit a competitive tender
policy and procedures
- Assures compliance with established corporate/local
and specific financial objectives, to include effort
- Ensures attainment of project and operating budgets
assignments in such a manner that a responsive,
- Manage area staffing levels and personnel
capable and cost effective team of the right skill
mix is maintained
and appropriate corrective action plans are
- Ensures problems are identified in a timely manner
developed to allow resolution; participate in
resolving disputes, claims and performance issues
subcontracts to ensure compliance with standard
- Oversees the development and administration of all
contractual provisions, appropriate performance
against statement of work, timely execution of
change orders and prompt closeout upon satisfactory
completion of work
provide and share information that will contribute
- Work with a team of peers in other locations to
to the global goals of the organization.
- BS degree in engineering or business administration.
procurement experience to include major equipment
- 12-15 years of prior domestic and international
acquisition, construction contracting, logistics,
subcontract administration and claims resolution.
well-developed communication skills.
- Organized and disciplined individual with
objectives within a diverse corporate environment
- Demonstrated an ability to accomplish established
including within an international environment.
priorities and be confident enough to make difficult
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and
focus as well as a reputation for integrity,
- Comfortable with detail and possess a strong system
maturity, and an ability to work under pressure in a
fast paced multi-faceted business environment.
effectively with operational management throughout
- Strong interpersonal skills required to deal
quality staff, setting direction, managing programs,
- Leadership capability to develop and supervise a
and bringing projects to fruition.
proven procurement professional and team player with
- In summary, the successful candidate will be a
the ability to assume increasing responsibilities
beyond those outlined in this specification.
McDermott is a leading worldwide energy services company. The Company's subsidiaries provide engineering, fabrication, installation,...