Job Summary :
The Director of Distribution Products will be responsible for leading a cross functional team charged with managing and improving our global news distribution products. These products include news releases and their associated multimedia (photos, videos and audio clips), email lists, and online channels.
The position requires a hands-on leader with practical experience in building products. They must understand the long term business plan and deliver on shorter term strategic priorities. It requires close cross-functional work with other departments, teams, regions and senior managers to fully develop and grow the companies’ planned new capabilities.
The person will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy knowledge. They must enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and able to develop innovative solutions for the market as a whole.
- Product roadmap and strategy: manage product roadmap that prioritizes features, release dates and plans resource allocation with development teams to deliver on strategy. Communicate product strategy to Sales, Marketing and other internal stakeholders.
- Product lifecycle: manage entire product line lifecycle from planning to tactical activities to support the company’s overall objectives including the consolidation of relevant heritage products to a single offering and driving revenue growth.
- Market requirements: understand customer needs, market trends and competitors’ activities to feed into product strategy. Frequently visit customers and potential customers and feed into know your customer initiatives.
- Commercial success: lead the commercial strategy for product including pricing, product profitability and understanding customer needs using primary and secondary research.
- Leadership: manage a team responsible for product management and lead and work on cross functional teams including Sales, Marketing, Technology and Editorial to deliver on business goals.
- Revenue performance: work proactively with Sales, Marketing, customers and partners to hit revenue, customer satisfaction and retention goals.
- Budget: manage product budget and P&L.
- Content strategy: define content strategy and prioritize and acquisition goals to support product strategy and business goals.
- Influencer database: work closely with initiative to improve influencer database to align product functionality to support greater community participation in maintaining database.
Professional Experience :
- Strong analytics and problem solving skills.
- Collaborative and team oriented, with a "passion" for working with people.
- Critical, strategic thinker with ability to make sound, independent decisions under pressure.
- Comfort within a technology company
- Comfort with and facility for making decisions despite only partial information
- Strong oral, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate objectives and results to a variety of stakeholders to align team to achieving common goals.
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others through passion, knowledge and collaborative style.
- Comfortable in a visible position within the organization.
- Demonstrate initiative and results-driven.
- Interest in learning and enthusiasm for making a contribution to the team and the company.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of the complexities and needs of running a news data driven business
- Knowledge of big data and working with social media
- Knowledge of text, photo and video production/delivery formats
- Knowledge of Public Relations professionals’ practices and needs
- Knowledge of the Agile development process
- Experience driving innovation and developing cohesive product strategies.
- Strong strategic planning skills and the ability to work with and influence both subordinates and leadership through experience and success.
- Experience in leading a team to discover unmet needs and validate willingness to pay for new capabilities.
- Client facing capability with success establishing new relationships in addition to having a strong client service orientation.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in spoken and written English and ability to evangelize product capabilities both internally and externally.
- Excellent consensus building and facilitation skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a matrix environment.
- Strong financial, strategy and business acumen.
- Comfortable with public relations, marketing and content marketing concepts and terminology and understanding of practitioners’ workflow.
- Ability to manage a product P&L
At UBM plc, we invite you to be part of an organisation that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and to being a responsible, sustainable business. UBM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
- Undergraduate degree required
- MBA or equivalent experience (10+ years) in product management
PR Newswire is the premier global provider of multimedia platforms that provides end-to-end solutions to produce, optimize and target content to all their key audiences.
Phone: +1 201 360 6000
UBM - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Corporate communication is the language this company speaks. PR Newswire Association is a leading distributor of corporate news and public...