As the Director or Product Management in charge of personalization in the marketplace, you will help organize the world's information and establish the association between people, jobs, skills, and courseware. This critical role will be responsible for the strategy and implementation of all levels of personalization including but not limited to profile building, recommendation engines, and the analytics implementation needed to accomplish these tasks.
The successful candidate will be delivery-focused with a track record of producing innovative, customer-centric products. The ability to lead and communicate at all levels of the company and to outside vendors is a must.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Own and drive the strategy/direction of the personalization section of the marketplace based on a strong knowledge of the trends in software development tools and collaboration technologies in an agile environment.
- Work collaboratively with the engineering, analytics, and UX teams to deliver a high value customer experience and the instrumentation to monitor those experiences.
- Work with marketing and other cross functional teams to define and execute product roll-out plans.
- Work with third party providers to deliver archetype editorial experiences.
- Monitor and analyze competing products and perform feature/functionality benchmarking.
- Testing in a large scale web services environment.
- A minimum of 7 years of increasing responsibility in an educational or consumer platform environment in a product leadership role.
- Strong project management skills, including demonstrated track record in managing manage multiple, large, complex, integrated projects from inception to completion.
- Strong quantitative skills including modeling, financial analysis and using data to determine strategy.
- BS/BA, MBA preferred.
- Experience in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge and experience in personalization, merchandising, and search.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in developing PowerPoint presentations and recommendations for senior leadership.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence and build strong relationships at multiple levels of an organization (line employees to senior management).
- Self-motivated, with a well-developed ability to grasp assignments and manage from inception through to completion.
- Comfortable working a fast-changing environment and juggling multiple priorities.
- Passion about education and the emerging technologies that enhance education, learning, and job growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ('Apollo') are committed to being Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers. We embrace and celebrate the unique qualities of our employees including race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The protected groups set forth in this policy are broader than what is covered by our Affirmative Action Plan.
It is the objective of Apollo to provide equal opportunity for employment. Through the recruitment and retention of a competitive diverse workforce, we can leverage our diversity and better understand our customers' needs as well as enhance the communities we serve. At Apollo, we believe diversity strengthens our competitive advantage.
Apollo makes decisions relative to employment, training, compensation, and promotion on the basis of job-related qualifications. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Apollo is committed to the principles of tolerance and respect, fair treatment, equal access and consideration, and recognition for contributions. All management personnel are accountable and share in the responsibility for adherence to the policy. Apollo is guided by the principle of equal opportunity and respect for others. Apollo's philosophy is based on the recognition of and value for the unique attribute brought to Apollo by each person. By keeping with these principles Apollo will successfully meet its corporate goals.
Apollo Education Group Inc
- 2 years ago - save job
Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the high school,...