Cloudera is looking for a Director, Product Management to join its growing team. As Director, Product Manager you will work on multiple products and components and be involved in all aspects of product development. The ideal person for this position will be detail oriented, think strategically, and possess a strong work ethic. Candidate must be motivated, take initiative, and be a team player. This role is a mix of business and technical skills, so the ideal candidate would have some prior experience in both business and technical roles. Examples of this experience would include: someone with market strategy experience and a CS undergraduate degree or a former engineer who has made the transition to a business role (marketing, sales, etc).
At Cloudera, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day. Our senior management team meets regularly with the whole company to discuss strategy, successes and challenges.
- Developing product & market strategy: researching market segments, creating decision frameworks, formulating hypotheses & advocating direction
- Customer research: in person and virtual interviews to understand users, priorities and design considerations
- Product design: functional analysis that identifies the best options for compelling, easy to use software
- Prioritization: relentless prioritization across several competing objectives to make the optimal use of time and resources
- Launch & promotion: prepare conference presentations, train partners and support sales opportunities.
- Whatever else is required: Write a test case, make a sandwich run. Do whatever is needed at the time to get great product to market quickly
- Business judgment – someone who is constantly able to assess the top priorities for the product and for their own time
- High energy – keeps a fast pace and encourages others to keep up with them
- Persistence – can visualize what a win looks like and won’t accept less than that
- Structured thinking – organizes questions, issues & ideas into logically consistent frameworks that quickly generate defensible conclusions from limited amounts of data
- Attention to detail –keep focus on a bug or design issue until everyone’s satisfied they’ve found the optimal solution
- Maturity & presence – can earn respect in an executive audience that may include customer employees, Cloudera employees or Cloudera investors
Cloudera - 20 months ago