Director, Product Management - eCommerce (Job Number: 013180) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The next wave of digital innovation is happening within the walls of retail stores across the country, and Walgreens is at the forefront of this revolution. With over 6 million store visits a day, and one of the largest and perhaps most successful mobile apps in retail, Walgreens is ready for a product visionary and leader to take us to the next level. Recently forming a team dedicated to digital innovation within our stores, Walgreens is looking for a head of digital product development to drive the strategic development and management of initiatives that will drive traffic, conversion, revenue growth and profitability for the stores. This leader will work closely with key stakeholders across the company on true omni-channel product development including IT, Marketing, Store Operations and Merchandising.
- Translates the divisional goals and customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap.
- Develops and maintains the product and feature roadmap and manages prioritization and trade-offs among sales, customer experience, site performance and operational support.
- Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Works closely with the engineering technology team and user interface designers to define detailed product requirements.
- Manages, mentors and develops a team of Product Managers.
- Grows adoption and usage of the digital platform for store sales. Identifies and quantifies the customer segments with strong growth potential, creating the business case and strategy for targeting. Implements growth strategy by coordinating cross-functional teams to deliver any necessary changes.
- Measures and analyzes impact of existing functionality. Identifies opportunities to innovate and improved, providing additional benefits to the customer. Builds strong internal relationships with technology and development teams to drive implementation.
- Measures and analyzes the impact of existing features and capabilities. Identifies opportunities to innovate and improve. Builds strong internal relationships with the sales, user experience, technology and central marketing organizations to drive implementation of new strategies.
- Conducts business and financial analysis, including forecasting, monitoring and reporting.
- Identifies industry best practices in ecommerce and builds vendor relationships. Understands how technology advancements drive sales and increase customer satisfaction. Keeps up to speed on all new product launches in the online space.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience with product management in the technology and/or retail industry.
- At least 3 years of experience in consumer-facing online commerce.
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or MBA.
- Experience in a retail industry.
- At least 4 years of experience in product marketing, product/program management, business development, and/or management consulting.