Director Program Management-31770
Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.genzyme.com.
Reporting to the Site Leader, the Director, Strategic Program Management is responsible for leading and managing an array of strategic programs and overseeing site Communications function. This individual will work closely with the Site Leader in the development, implementation and communication of the manufacturing strategy, long range plan, annual business plan and people plan. She/he will partner with other members of the SLT to implement and manage specific program aspects of the site's strategy and business plan.
General Responsibilities (for all SLT members):
- Work closely with the Site Leader in the execution and management of a number of core governance activities for the site including weekly senior leadership team meetings, monthly expanded management team meetings, quarterly site reviews and annual LRP and business planning activities.
- Serve as process owner for the site Long Range Plan and annual Business Plan. Emphasis initially will be on improving the efficacy of Allstons' strategic planning efforts.
- Develop and disseminate critical management information and ensure it is sufficiently complete, accurate and timely to enable appropriate decision-making by the SLT and senior stakeholders.
- Provide project leadership and oversight on a small number of highly strategic initiatives linked to execution of the site strategy and strengthening of site performance.
- Serve as member of Allston Senior Leadership team (ASLT); Support team effort to build a reliable patient supply while meeting the requirements of the consent decree workplan
- Ensure compliance with all legal and business requirements and Genzyme/Sanofi policies and practices.
- Establish departmental and individual goals and objectives in alignment with site goals and priorities. Identify performance improvement targets and metrics. Ensure capabilities and capacity in place to effectively deliver on all departmental commitments and performance targets.
- Support implementation of Consent Decree work plan as required.
- Strengthen overall leadership and organizational capabilities in area of responsibility. Ensure strong alignment and coordination with other functional groups at the site.
- Identify the required resources and expertise to effectively deliver on all commitments.
- Ensure effective utilization of resources by ensuring robust employee development, performance management, succession planning, and rewards and recognitions practices in area of responsibility.
- Manage headcount and expenses in area of responsibility to meet approved spending plan while achieving all departmental commitments and project objectives.
- Motivate, retain and develop key employees. Build and sustain employee engagement by creating an environment within which individuals and teams can excel.
- Work closely with peers and counterparts at other sites and across functions to share best practices and key learnings.
- Articulate effectively across the relevant manufacturing network, supply chains and functions to ensure shared understanding of goals, strategies, progress and achievements.
- It is the responsibility of every member of the ASLT to ensure that the environmental requirements are complied within his/her project team by providing the necessary resources, visualisations and training, a well as the necessary supervision.
8 - 10 years experienced, project management skills.
5-8 years of management experience.
Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or a related field with 12-15 years relevant industry experience; or Master's Degree in Science, Engineering or a related field with 10-12 years relevant industry experience;
Strong science/technical background; an understanding of manufacturing processes and technology platforms.
Basic working knowledge of biotech/pharmaceutical regulatory requirements and current expectations.
Ability to quickly establish and maintain credibility with senior leaders of the organization.
Ability to translate complex concepts into actionable, measurable tasks.
Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing environments.
Ability to effectively influence without authority.
Ability to establish and maintain highly effective relationships with individuals from all levels of an organization.
Self-starter with excellent time management and organization skills.
Highly skilled facilitator and negotiator and have a keen eye for detail.
Skilled communicator both verbally and orally.
Job : Program and Project Management
Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Allston
Job Posting : Mar 5, 2013
Shift : Day Job
Job Type : Regular
Employee Status : Regular
Genzyme Corporation (Genzyme) is a biotechnology company. The Companys product and service portfolio is focused on rare genetic disease...