Job Title: |
Director - Public Policy
New York, NY or Washington DC
This is the senior-most staff position in the Public Policy section of the Government Relations and Public Policy department. The incumbent will assist the Vice President of Public Policy and the department’s other leaders in analyzing, developing and promoting MetLife’s policy positions on a range of issues critical to the company. The work product must be of the highest caliber for use by MetLife’s senior executives and government relations professionals in representing the company’s views with global, national and state policy makers. This person will also be actively involved in outreach and coordination with the Board of Advisors, a group of senior MetLife executives who will help guide the company’s policy agenda.
The incumbent will help craft policy positions for use in MetLife’s advocacy with legislative and regulatory bodies and other key influencers on the policy debate. Successful policy outcomes will allow MetLife to continue to offer competitively priced products and to operate more profitably.
* Identify, research and formulate in writing positions on global public policy issues that impact the business.
* Engage in coalition building with external third parties to increase MetLife’s policy effectiveness.
* Manage and help maintain a regularly updated library of global policy position white papers, issue briefs and talking points for proactive engagement and rapid response.
* Research and develop responses to senior leaders’ requests for information and business units’ inquiries about potential policy developments.
* Minimum 7 years overall experience
* Minimum 5 years of experience in public policy analysis/advocacy, preferably in insurance or financial services.
* Master’s degree preferred* Ability to effectively interact with business clients to build consensus and synthesize multiple views into a strong and persuasive company position.
* Excellent analytical ability combined with superior written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
* Experience in a legislative, regulatory or policy communications role in a major political capital desired.
* Position may be based in either New York City or Washington, D.C.
Minimum 7 years overall experience with a minimum 5 years of experience in public policy analysis/advocacy, preferably in insurance or financial services.
Masters degree preferred.
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...