XBiotech is a drug research & development center headquartered in Austin, Texas. Our Austin facility incorporates all critical operations including discovery, research and development, drug testing, product formulation as well as clinical-regulatory affairs.
XBiotech is also a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company. From pre-clinical models to clinical trial execution, from discovery to manufacturing, all activities are under one roof. XBiotech is focused on developing antibody therapeutics targeting the major medical needs of inflammatory diseases and cancer.
Currently, XBiotech is growing rapidly. Our excellent facilities allow us to effectively implement and fully develop any program we adopt. Anticipating early commercialization of our drug products, we are currently planning new infrastructure. We are working to change the future of medicine.
Who we want:
XBiotech is looking for a Director of Public Relations and Investor Relations who will be responsible for developing and implementing a successful communication and investor relations plan for XBiotech. This candidate is also responsible for managing the image and reputation of XBiotech among the financial community. The position will provide critical leadership and information to help build understanding and awareness of XBiotech’s objectives, strategies and achievements among key audiences.
- This candidate needs to have formal background in Biological Sciences.
- Experience with a PR/IR firm
- Five to seven years of experience managing investor relations and corporate communications programs (preferably in biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies)
- Bright, hardworking and enthusiastic with a proven commitment to excellence
The Director, Investor and Public Relations will be responsible for developing and implementing a successful communication and investor relations plan for XBiotech. This candidate will interface with the investment community tell our story to media and other scientists and will increase the reach for XBiotech. This candidate is also responsible for managing the image and reputation of XBiotech among the financial community. The position provides critical leadership and information to help build understanding and awareness of XBiotech’s objectives, strategies and achievements among key audiences.
- Develop and implement multifaceted comprehensive communications strategy to reach media patients, thought leaders and clinicians.
- Act as the media spokesperson for the company and will frequently interact with and advise senior management including Business Development, Clinical Development, legal, regulatory and investor relations.
- Planning, developing and implementing XBiotech’s investor relations and corporate communications plan
- Must have a strategic approach to communications and program development.
- Broad communications experience with expertise in product communications, product access, launches preparation and issues management.
- Comfort in navigating conflict and/or areas of disagreement within productive relationships
- Identifying targeted institutional investors and building relationships with them
- Developing written communications such as press releases and presentations.
- Managing face-to-face interaction during investment conferences, road shows, and stockholder meetings.
- Compliance – Making sure that all compliance policies and procedures are met with - all relevant legal, regulatory and professional standards.
- Strategy Management - Measuring the overall effectiveness of XBiotech’s investor relations program and adjusting strategies accordingly.
- Providing accurate, consistent and timely responses to all external inquiries from investors, analysts and the media.
- Content management of XBiotech’s website with regard to the public relations/ investor relations
- Managing and optimizing the network of suppliers that provide investor relations tools and resources to the Company.
This person must have a Science background.
- Requires a highly motivated and creative individual who thinks strategically
- Must have a solid understanding of corporate financials, public company accounting and regulatory issues, as well as the equity markets.
- Must have a solid business understanding of Biotech/ Pharma company operations
- Must be proactive in anticipating needs of senior management and responsive to investor requests.
- Must exhibit strong professionalism and be effective working with senior management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Able to handle confidential information.
- Able to think on feet in highly visible situations.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
Naturejobs.com - 2 years ago
XBiotech was founded in 2005 to assemble the core technology and expertise to source True Human™ antibodies and to establish a...