Empowering patients starts with you. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work on the combined team of McKesson Specialty Health and US Oncology- a chain that extends across the country uniting a network of community-based cancer clinics and resulting in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
Across McKesson Specialty Health and US Oncology, our team affects the full continuum of healthcare - ultimately helping to improve the patient experience at the individual level. Our specialty pharmaceutical programs offer a significant impact for our customers and their businesses. The Distribution Services segment of our company is dedicated to the wholesale distribution of specialty pharmaceuticals - focusing on oncology and other specialty products. Our Specialty Patient Services group provides compliance and adherence programs, as well as reimbursement hotlines, patient assistance and support programs and the managed distribution of pharmaceutical products. Our Specialty Health Center is the largest single-site call center in healthcare, offering a centralized approach to optimize manufacturer product reimbursement and access. Our US Oncology operations unite one of the nation's largest health-care services network devoted exclusively to cancer treatment and research, and is a pioneer in community-based cancer care. Annually, the united network of more than 9,000 physicians, clinicians, nurses, and administrators delivers integrated cancer care to more than 850,000 cancer patients in community-based clinics located in 41 states.
Participates with other senior managers to establish corporate strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures effective achievement of operation’s objectives. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division, or company operations. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions normally involve controversial situations, customer negotiations, or influencing and persuading other senior level managers. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company having overall responsibility for planning, budgeting, implementing and maintaining costs, methods, and employees.
- Overall management for Reimbursement Contact Center Operations supporting a variety of access programs including reimbursement, patient assistance, patient resource center, and managed distribution services
- Works closely with Customer Management to assure the Solution Center is in compliance with Client expectations and contractual obligations
- Manage team of Customer Service Managers to identify and track performance against job descriptions and Roles and Responsibilities. Apply development program for all direct reports.
- Monitor client Service Level Agreements to ensure compliance and execute staffing and process changes if Service Levels are not being met
- Effectively act as Liaison between internal and external customers to provide and ensure excellence in Customer Service
- Maintain and monitor program profitability
- Develop standardized policies and procedures related to programs and services to maximize quality and value
- Effectively participate in new business generation and development by participating in RFP responses and new customer meetings
- Actively support the senior leadership team by participating in VP/GM leadership team meetings, strategy and tactics
Business Experience –
- 10+ years customer service experience including
- 7+ years managerial experience, depending on area of assignment may be required to have relevant healthcare/insurance experience
- Advanced knowledge of customer service policies, practices and systems
- Experience in the healthcare industry with a focus on payer policy, prior authorization, and/or coverage appeals
- Experience managing large scale customer service teams of 100 agents or more
- Experience analyzing operational data and developing recommended strategies
- Experience preparing written reports and presentations for management and client communications
- Experience in program implementation, maintenance and restructure
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple priorities within a changing environment
- Experience in budget, staffing and profitability models
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to apply Contact Center and Customer Service best practices
- Understanding of Patient Access programs including reimbursement, patient assistance, and/or financial support programs
- Experience working with Specialty Pharmaceuticals is highly desirable
4-year degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- General Office Demands
- Ability to travel up to 50% to customer sites, meetings, conferences
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Specialty Health, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
No agencies please.
McKesson - 22 months ago
McKesson moves medicine. As a top pharmaceuticals distributor in North America, McKesson delivers prescription and generic drugs, as well as...