• At least 5+ years of Senior level sales or relationship management experience, credit card industry preferred
• Prior management experience, with five or more direct reports
• Travel: 20-25%; 1st year will require heavier travel , e.g., client trade shows; partner visits
• Fast-paced, ability to think on feet, sense of urgency, flexible, can operate with little direction/few details and can flesh out to achieve goals.
• Work in a triage fashion; adopt chameleon approach to varying partner relationships and needs
• College degree preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Director of Relationship Management
Senior Relationship Executive for the TransFirst Health and Public Services verticals portfolio, managing a sizable team of Relationship Managers in the effective implementation, operation, and financial achievement for both Partners and TransFirst. Plans and implements for all or some of TransFirst’s products line in the partner/alliance programs. Develops sales objectives, strategies for existing and new partnerships, and ensures their execution. Provides high level management reporting, recommendations and action plans to grow the portfolio. Periodically visits partners to investigate operations, seek enhanced opportunities for growth, and determine local conditions.
• Responsible for the relationship management objectives of a large, complex, multi-vertical organization with both integrated and non-integrated partners
• Meets production goals for each partnership and for the Division’s Portfolio in its entirety
• Manages the challenges of complex business relationships to ensure effective high level communications, financial targets, and service-level agreements (SLAs)
• Increases the value of each partnership within the portfolio, in the Health and Public Services verticals (specifically in health services, government, education, non-profits, utilities)
• Manages a staff of 8 direct reports, who manage Partner relationships for the Health and Public verticals
• Performs account creation and account penetration
• Work closely with senior leadership of varying partners (CEO’s, Associations, Donor management systems, buying alliances)
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
• Responsible for training and development of subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational policies.
• May initiate and communicate the following: employment, termination, performance and salary reviews, disciplinary actions, scheduling and/or approving expenses, overtime and related.
TransFirst was founded in 1995 under the name ACS Merchant Services by a group of executives from a top-15 company in the payment processing...