- Bachelors degree is required
- Certification Required
- Licensure Required
- Experience is required
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the Director of Respiratory Therapy Services at St Elizabeth’s Hospital is responsible for oversight and management of the Respiratory Therapy department, Sleep Disorder Lab and other Pulmonary Therapy services. The Director of Respiratory is responsible for a variety of duties related to the management and operations of the Respiratory Care Department including but not limited to provision of quality patient care, regulatory compliance, employee performance improvement, and quality improvement.
The qualified candidate will be a bachelor’s prepared (BA/or BS) respiratory therapist with a minimum of seven (7) years direct patient care experience and five years of supervisory or management experience. Must be competent in delivery of respiratory care and provision of diagnostics for neonates, pediatric, young adult and geriatric patients
The qualified candidate must have the ability to recognize the psychosocial needs of patients and their families and clinical skill competency verification is assured by National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) credentialing. Maintain current status with Illinois Respiratory licensure.
General duties include but are not limited to:
1. Participates in the development/planning of programs and overall Respiratory Care Services.
2. Acts as a liaison between Respiratory Care Services personnel and medical personnel.
3. Coordinates in-service education and quality improvement programs.
4. Coordinates, prepares, and participates in all relevant regulatory agency inspections.
5. Ensures compliance by the Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCPs) with approved policy and procedure.
6. Evaluates performance of existing equipment and researches new equipment. Recommends purchase of new equipment and ensures proper supply of all durable and disposable equipment. Introduces and demonstrates new techniques, equipment, and research findings to RCPs.
7. Coordinates educational programs for RCPs, Nursing, and other staff.
8. Coordinates scheduling of staff in conjunction with Respiratory Care Supervisors.
9. Serves as a lead contact for Fit Testing program
10. Responsible for budget preparation and monitoring.
11. Responsible on a 24-hour basis for emergency situations.
IF you are interested in joining a great team of healthcare providers at St Elizabeth’s Hospital in Belleville Il, please apply online at www.steliz.org or forward your resume to Margo Dolan, Director of People Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Elizabeth's Hospital - 2 years ago