REQ ID: 6421
LOCATION: Minneapolis, MN 55401
Millions of times a day in more than 85% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, our business employs an average of approximately 4,300 employees. We are a leader in the shelf stable and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 8 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our Duncan Hines Grocery Division manages Leadership brands such as Duncan Hines® baking mixes and frostings, Vlasic® shelf-stable pickles and Mrs. Butterworth's® and Log Cabin® table syrups and Foundation brands such as Armour® canned meats, Brooks® and Nalley® chili and chili ingredients, Comstock® and Wilderness® pie and pastry fillings and Open Pit® barbecue sauces. Our Birds Eye Frozen Division manages Leadership brands such as Birds Eye®, Birds Eye Steamfresh®, C&W®, McKenzie's®, and Fresh like® vegetables, Birds Eye Voila!® complete bagged meals and Van de Kamp's® and Mrs. Paul's® seafood and Foundation brands such as Lender's® bagels, Celeste® pizza, Hungry-Man® dinners and entrées and Aunt Jemima® frozen breakfasts. Our Specialty Foods Division manages Tim's Cascade Snacks®, Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips, Erin’s® Popcorn, Snyder of Berlin® and Husman's® in addition to our food service and private label businesses. Pinnacle Foods is a Top 1000 Company ranked on Fortune Magazine’s 2011 Top 1000 companies list.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Director Sales Target is responsible for the overall functional management and leadership of all sales related activities for assigned customers. Strategic leadership and exceptional business management skills, trade management, budgets and return on investment. Leads the analysis of customer sales and inventory data, design and implementation of effective marketing and promotional programs, develops business building relationships and interactions throughout all levels of the customer hierarchy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Defines specific strategic business objectives to maximize sales, share growth and enhanced profitability within assigned customer. Leads the development of Customer/ Market/Category/Brand strategies, objectives and tactics.
• Responsible for the execution and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual Objectives, Goals, Strategies, Metrics as stated in the company's business plan.
• Effectively manages both volume and spending to deliver the brand objectives for each customer (monthly, quarterly and annual).
• Develop Pinnacle Foods brand portfolios in line with distribution, pricing, merchandising and shelving objectives established for each brand.
• Participates strategically and tactically with the Sr. Director Publix in the development and management of the Regions/Zones business.
• Delivery of fiscal responsibilities:
• Delivery of gross sales and profitability objectives.
• Management of trade spending (all associated funding) to the budget LE.
• Deliver share growth for each brand within assigned target range.
• Manage deductions within assigned target range.
• Manage the financial system to ensure deal entry is timely and deal recondition is conducted.
• Monitor performance and complete required reports in a timely and accurate manner.
• Maximize shopper marketing funds to develop customer specific merchandising options in conjunction with brand strategies and objectives.
• Track and evaluate sales performance against volume, share, promotions, new items and spending objectives
• Lead the effort on pre and post promotional evaluations that provide the foundation for the improved future development of promotional programs and maximize ROI.
• Manage enterprise wide communications and meetings to deliver against customer initiatives and ensure high quality customer service.
• Utilize syndicated data (IRI reports, Spectra Demographics), customer sales data and category management studies to provide fact based analysis and deliver business building initiatives.
• Conduct retail audits and report correction of errors to appropriate functional area. Maintenance and implementation of POG’s and coordination with Retail.
• Retail communications to Acosta and involvement in Quarterly Retail meetings
• Plan-O-Gram ownership from the cradle to the grave.
• Manages people development and recruitment of sales team members as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• In-house and field sales experience.
• Experience as a sales manager in the consumer package goods industry.
• Developed and executed strategic and tactical sales plans including quotas and account objectives.
• Highly organized and has very effective time management skills.
• Demonstrated leader among employees. Computer literate and uses sales database tracking programs.
• Strong negotiating skills and capacity.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong listening skills.
• Ability to manage projects independently from start to finish.
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines.
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of management, including senior leadership.
• Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
• 10% Travel
• Bachelor’s Degree, MBA is a plus but not required.
• Professional experience within packaging/consumer products industry preferred.
• 10-15 years sales experience in a consumer package environment.
• Experience in strategic planning and execution.
• Highly customer focused.
• Strong leadership qualities both with customers and employees.
• Highly efficient.
• Knowledge of negotiating, and change management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel.
• Organized, reliable and resourceful professional with practical experience and understanding of sales processes.
• Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize under pressure and within tight budget constraints.
• Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Ability to participate in and facilitate customer and group meetings.
Pinnacle Foods Group is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pinnacle Foods Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job