The Director Strategic Partnerships will be responsible for developing and managing strategic partnerships with corporations, government agencies, associations, and other organizations that drive revenue of SHRM organizational programs and other SHRM offerings. The Director will cultivate strong relationships with senior HR executives (both member and non-members) and encourage Senior HR leaders to become more broadly and deeply engaged with SHRM. Through these relationships, the Director will promote the bundling of SHRM products and services for corporate, government, and association clients, including SHRM training programs/services, and create a robust corporate sales channel that propels SHRMs US and global growth. This individual will also develop and refine SHRMs partnership strategy and manage SHRMs strategic revenue-producing accounts (excluding advertisers and sponsors).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cultivate and develop strong, long-term client relationships with Senior HR Executives in key organizations
- Work closely with Senior HR Executives to understand their key challenges, and use consultative sales techniques to promote the sale of SHRM products and services to address these needs
- Lead the development and execution of strategic partnerships and sales channel strategies to drive SHRM revenue across multiple lines of business
- Identify new product/service solutions for strategic partners and/or senior HR executives; and work with appropriate SHRM staff to develop, market, and sell these new offerings
- Lead development of proposals to capture business from corporations, government agencies, and associations
- Collaborate with SHRM Marketing Department to create compelling messaging and collateral that articulates SHRMs ability to enhance the effectiveness of the HR function of prospective clients
- Design and develop a strategic account framework and processes; effectively manage strategic accounts, working to deepen SHRMs relationship and grow account revenue
- Provide on-site delivery of content and SHRM presentations for clients and prospective clients
- Initially, the Director will have direct supervisory responsibility for 1 staff member (Corporate Partnership Specialist); however, the expectation is that the Director will build a staff of 3-5 employees over time to manage strategic accounts and the corporate sales channel
· Exemplary communication: written and oral
· Strong executive presence
· Strong client relationship management skills
· Demonstrated ability to proactively engage senior level professionals
· Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately
· Accomplished skills in presentation development and delivery
· High attention to detail
· Ability to creatively problem solve
· Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines
· Work both independently and within a team
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to draft concept papers, presentations, proposals, contract documents
· ~ 30% travel
· lifting 0-30 lbs
· Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Communications, Psychology or related subject
· 10+ years of professional experience desired in the areas of human resource management or human resource strategy; training and development; business development / client relationship management; and/or human resources or organizational development consulting. Knowledge of and experience with SHRM organization and offerings preferred.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).
No Relocation authorized for this position.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE : If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
washingtonpost.com - 17 months ago